Help, dropped my car off boosting 8 lbs, now it wont go over 5 1/2

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
ok, so i blew my exhaust manifold gasket last week. luckily it was still under warranty from when i got it replaced 8 months ago. i dropped it off at the shop that did the work before, and i was boosting 8 lbs on a slightly shimmed wastegate. when i picked it up the next day, the car wouldnt boost over 5. i just got done reshimming the wastegate (they had taken the washer out) and it wont go over 5 1/2. i can hear a definate SHHHH at WOT that wasnt there before. what do i need to look for?
i had a similar SHHH at wot and it was my stock bpv. but i replaced it.

mods are Apex'i intake, BIC recirc DP, TMS testpipe, and Tanabe cat back.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I'd recheck the mani gasket and check the torque on all the manifold bolts. If any of them are stripped, then it could be causing a leak under pressure. I'd also ensure the integrity of the bov. gl.

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Check for boost leaks. Think about what parts the shop had to take off to fix the gasket and look at ever part for leaks or problems.

Does it fall to 5ish or only boost to it?

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Txsupra;1445926 said:
Check for boost leaks. Think about what parts the shop had to take off to fix the gasket and look at ever part for leaks or problems.

Does it fall to 5ish or only boost to it?

it will boost to 5 and hold steady. and it takes it way longer to get there than before.