help confriming 1jz head, possible demage on back side of my 1jz head.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
Motor: 5-speed 1jz-gte motor from a supra.

First of all, sorry I don't know what to put on the subject line but it's related to the 1jz head. It's kind of hard describing this but follow along with the pictures. BTW, the motor is not in the car yet and this would be a quick answer if any of you guys have a 1jz motor that is out of the car just by comparing your motor to mine.

p1404712_1.jpg

Ok, on the back of the 1jz head with it stamp "JZ2", to the left of that, there seem to be an unblock hole for possible oil leak. The other two similar hole have a metal ball, or a ball bearing to seal if off. My concern is that, is this normal? or there should be something blocking it, It does not seem to me that anything plugs into it. I stuck a small flat head into it and it when in about 3" into it without hitting anything meaning it'll go further. When I pull out the flat, there seem to be some small oil stain on the flat.

p1404712_2.jpg

Here is a closer view on unblock hole that I am talking about.

p1404712_3.jpg

And here is what I think should be there to block off that hole.

Again, let me know if any of you guys have a 1jz that still on a stand or out of the car to verify if your is the same as mine and that it's normal or do something pop out and it would be a major oil leak if I swap the motor in with this unblock hole.

Let me know if my question is clear because as I say before, it's hard to describe it.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
It is normal. It will not leak. Also, replace the ground you have missing there, I'm sure you noticed but I'm not sure what stage you're at in your swap and just thought to remind you.

SUPRAMON

HIGHERBOOSTER
Mar 26, 2006
connecticut
geser;1404712 said:
Motor: 5-speed 1jz-gte motor from a supra.

First of all, sorry I don't know what to put on the subject line but it's related to the 1jz head. It's kind of hard describing this but follow along with the pictures. BTW, the motor is not in the car yet and this would be a quick answer if any of you guys have a 1jz motor that is out of the car just by comparing your motor to mine.

p1405397_1.jpg

Ok, on the back of the 1jz head with it stamp "JZ2", to the left of that, there seem to be an unblock hole for possible oil leak. The other two similar hole have a metal ball, or a ball bearing to seal if off. My concern is that, is this normal? or there should be something blocking it, It does not seem to me that anything plugs into it. I stuck a small flat head into it and it when in about 3" into it without hitting anything meaning it'll go further. When I pull out the flat, there seem to be some small oil stain on the flat.

p1405397_2.jpg

Here is a closer view on unblock hole that I am talking about.

p1405397_3.jpg

And here is what I think should be there to block off that hole.

Again, let me know if any of you guys have a 1jz that still on a stand or out of the car to verify if your is the same as mine and that it's normal or do something pop out and it would be a major oil leak if I swap the motor in with this unblock hole.

Let me know if my question is clear because as I say before, it's hard to describe it.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
skefro;1404867 said:
Hi,
I have a 1jz on my garage floor and it has the same hole in the head. I think it is normal and will not leak oil.

Thanks Skefro for comparing and verifying with your motor in your garage. As long as it's normal. :icon_razz

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
Guyana00;1404999 said:
It is normal. It will not leak. Also, replace the ground you have missing there, I'm sure you noticed but I'm not sure what stage you're at in your swap and just thought to remind you.

Yeah, I just replace that broken ground wire after taking the pictures..ahha..Thanks for the reminder. You guys are great help.! I am almost done with the swap, Just need to save up money to get a few more things. Like, intercooler kit, 2jz water pump pulley, 2jz fan clutch, DM PS adapter line, DM oil sender adapter, serpentine belt and everything could go into the car. Hoping to finish this project cause after my second 7mgte motor, I said, that's it, I am going with the 1jz

Last edited: