help clutch

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok i think i have a bad throw out bearing im running 1jz andi want to up the boost nothing extream but what kinda clutch do you recomend for a dd? and where is the cheapest i can get one ? and what upgrade do yall think would be good for a boost controller

Dirty Monkey

Apr 16, 2009
anacrime
How much horsepower are you planning to make? I would recommend a Exedy stage 1 replacement it's cheap and works and it cost $175 shipped.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
wheres the one for 175 i been looking every where and all i see is 400 ++
hp goals are 400 to low or mid 500 but that wont be for awhile i just need soemthing to get me by for right now and when i up the boost to around 12 psi

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Do you need a whole clutch kit or just the disc? The ones you are looking at for 400+ are the entire kit. I think the above poster was talking about just a clutch disc for that price.

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
well if u want to go cheap an autozone will be fine. just remember u get what ya pay for. if your going for more hp then id get something that you know would hold it. i have a 1j and i have an ACT clutch, i love it. its a 6pk unsprung disc with a heavy duty pressure plate. but of course my supra is track only now because i have a 1j. 1j + cali = bad news lol but for a dd i would just stick with a stock replacement get a 7m turbo clutch/ disc or whatever and if u feel you just need a throw out barring se if you can just buy that ..you should check this out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53BsTaUSHA