Help , 7mgte wont start.

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
Hey guys this is my first post here asking for help, i just changed the engine harness. and now the car is barely running, i checked everything i can think of, its got rc 550cc injectors and the car ran fine before. The number 2 and number 6 spark plugs are black so basically fouled out. the others look a little wet but not black. I also have an safc wired in . now im not the greatest with electrical stuff( actually i suck) but i took my old harness and wired the safc to the same wires on the new harness. i checked the grounds under the intake and even cleaned the bolt they were attached to just to make sure. i checked the color of the injector wires to make sure the were located right. Can someone verify this is correct. 1 and 4 are white with blue 2 and 6 are white with red and 3 and 5 are just white.

i am not new to these cars i dont know if im just having a retard moment or what...please help

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Ok so you wired in the different injector clips? They are needed for the bigger injectors. Ill check my wires when I get home. At my girlie's house :) Umm also the motor will have a very hard time trying to start on only the 4 cylinders. Other then that...make sure your starter is in good working order.

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
the harness came with the injector clips wired in already, got it to turn on only if you play with the throttle, but it wont rev. it hits 1500 then drops back to 1100 then tries to rev again.

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
TweeT91109;1560387 said:
Ok so you wired in the different injector clips? They are needed for the bigger injectors. Ill check my wires when I get home. At my girlie's house :) Umm also the motor will have a very hard time trying to start on only the 4 cylinders. Other then that...make sure your starter is in good working order.

Haha on SM at your girls house!

But to OP, Pull codes and give them to us.

Then we will start from there.

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
kingrichard;1560747 said:
i got a 51 , probably from holding throttle to start and 43

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=28

Check TPS(I know you said its "probably" from holding down throttle but you never know), check starter && starter ground wires, not to mention check if its got the correct voltage going to it.

Also what are your mods?

I know you said you have 550cc's, Do you have the lex afm also?
And you said you have a safc, what about a wideband? AFR's on idle/wot/cruise?

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
ok i do have the lexus afm and a wideband also a walboro 255 pump, i didnt really think i made a difference thats why i didnt mention it, sorry bout that. i never took the tps off and it was running just fine 2 days before, thats why i find it kind of hard to believe it just went bad just like that... i think i may have a problem with the safc, because even though the car is barely running it doesnt seem to match whats actually going on with the car. When i unplugged the safc the car runs exactly the same as when its plugged in. The afr is off the chart lean....

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
and u did set up everything on the SAFC? or rechecked the settings on there....

all started after putting the new harness in?

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
empera;1560779 said:
and u did set up everything on the SAFC? or rechecked the settings on there....

all started after putting the new harness in?

Yes it all started after i put the new harness in.. i was told the settings on the safc were saved until you changed them is that wrong does it need to be redone? im not real familiar with messing with the safc.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

whitemike;1560789 said:
1 & 4 = yellow and white/blue
2 & 5 = black and white/red
3 & 6 = white and red

ok that looks a little different than what i found im going to try that now and i will post result in a minute.

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
code 31 now the car will idle very rough around 400rpm on its own but still wont rev

i tested the maf to see if that was the problem... someone tell me if this is right im not great with multimeters...

Last edited:

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
ok i just tested a known good maf and i got the same numbers as mine so either im testing them wrong, i dont think so , or its not the maf.....i need ideas....im going over the wiring for the safc...i runs the same with the afc connected and disconnected...should be some type of difference right?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
it kinda does sound like its the signal coming from the AFM....so its either a wire that could be faulty or possibly the safc but then again if you disconnect the safc it should react diff.

weird shit, im having issues of my own which are making me very frustrated. If i wasn't i would head down there and help out but it would be nice to get my car running in time for etown.

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
Got a noid light, And im in the process of testing injectors and i also bought a tester for finding open or short circuits.....to be continued....i will update if i find anything..