Hello

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
Hello all i have just recently traded an awd dsm for a supra and well im glad. Today i actually had a free day to get to the drag strip. the car did well in my eyes 14.839 at 97.24mph's is that what a factory psi car should run with upper and lower intercooler pipes and 3inch all the way back. I had issues grabbing traction in firts but i did not think that it was that bad. I would love your input on these and my tires are new but not what the should be lol.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
That time sounds pretty accurate. I ran a 14.6 on stock psi with a dual stage clutch, and 3 inch.

Welcome to SM.

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
Ill try to get some up asap the color is butt ugly. interior is not wortse but not best. I have heard that you the max amount of boost allowed is 11.5 psi do to fuel cut how true is this?

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
supramk3speed;1539569 said:
Welcome to SM, good luck with the supra.
thank you its come a long way since i got it the turbo was the only thing after the manifold lol. the shocks and springs were all out on the car and it was running like crap.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Yeah, mine's an 87 as well and it definately had its fair share of issues when i first retrieved it. Lol, some issues are still not resolved.

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
well the only issue i have with mine right now is that i think my cars 1/4 mile time is decent. but i realy think it should be faster what kinda of power are other members making with similar mods like mine. any ideas.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Actually the time you are running is quite normal for a close to stock mk3. I really have no clue as to what power you could be making. My car has a big intercooler with piping but it doesn't seem to make a huge power difference, im sure with a tune and the boost turned up a bit it would be more noticable. Could we get some pics of the car?

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
wheel hp is around 244.7 according to a hp calculator i found online from a very good source flywheel hp is around 305 according to the same calculator. i have been looking and similar cars went 13.8s or so on dr's. ill give it a shot as soon as get some for it.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
87mkIII;1539596 said:
well the only issue i have with mine right now is that i think my cars 1/4 mile time is decent. but i realy think it should be faster

Why do you "think" it should be faster? Your time is on par with a supra with your mods. The driver also has a lot to do with times. You can take the exact same car, and put two different drivers in the seat, and - assuming they don't break something or stall on the line - come up with times a half second off from each other.

87mkIII

Mar 5, 2010
kansas city
Dunckel;1540756 said:
Why do you "think" it should be faster? Your time is on par with a supra with your mods. The driver also has a lot to do with times. You can take the exact same car, and put two different drivers in the seat, and - assuming they don't break something or stall on the line - come up with times a half second off from each other.
well the mph's of 97 thats why i say that it should be faster the car im comparing mine had dr's on same mods his reaction time was alot slower than mine and he had an mph of 99.00 now i really think i can pick 2 to 5 mphs with stickier tires to drop to does times. im i wrong here? there is no way that a car that weights the same as an f-body with the same power and an f-body runs a hair faster naturally aspirate. we are turbo charged our power band is different than n/a cars but its more aggressive.