Hello to all from Tucson AZ!

kueves87

Oct 18, 2009
tucson
so apparently i signed up on this site months ago, but today will be my first post. i decidedly came here after realizing that supraforums is just a "my balls are bigger than yours" forum and i've had enough of that. i'm 21, and have owned my 1986.5 white na, soon to be big single, since 2006. i've been an autobody mechanic at one of the city's most reputable shops for the past three years, Chapman Collision Center, so if you guys have any body work questions i'm the guy to ask. we mainly fix mercedes, porsche, volkswagon, audi, honda, acura and bmw, because thats what the dealership we're affiliated with sells.
my love of supras dates back the 2001 when my dad bought and 89t. i fell in love and thought of nothing but owning one ever since. right now i'm in the middle of an almost complete restoration on the car, from painting the engine bay to fixing and repainting all the plastic trim in the trunk, to a fully built 7mgte bored .020 over with je pistons, eagle rods, balanced crank, machined head with three angle valve job, t61 "garret turbo"(its ebay housing with garret internals), this restoration is something the car has needed for a long time.
i've done two bhg's, one on mine when it was na in 07, and one on my dads in 08. i do know quite a bit about these cars, but i'm here not only to give, but to receive advice, since i know most of you have owned a supra since before i was born. sorry for the long intro, but i figured you'd all like to know i'm not another punk-ass-know-it-all....any questions???

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
haha wow the world is sooo small.... i'm in tucson too bro! what dealership are you at? i used to work at the saturn dealership in the bodyshop off of grant and wilmot but shortly after chapman took over in 09.... the fuckers did a mass layoff.... are you on azsupracentral.com too?

BTW what's your name bro?

haha am i fucken interogating you with all the questions?

again welcome!!!

kueves87

Oct 18, 2009
tucson
ya i work at the palo verde shop as a helper to darren bryan, we all knew about that layoff too, it really sucked. where do you work now? oh my names michael kuever btw, whats yours? and yes i'm kueves87 on azsupracentral, just posted a question about oil pumps.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
The name is George!

lol oh cool you work close to my side of town... i love by nogales hwy and valencia... right now i'm working at citigroup... it's a gay call center cause no dealerships were hiring at the time since the industry was so sketchy and i had just bought a house so i needed a certain amount of income and they offered it.... i'm finishing up my ase certification at pima and hopefully get back in the game... slowly trying to make my way to desert toyota

kueves87

Oct 18, 2009
tucson
hell ya i heard desert toyota is the way to go, so good luck! we need to chill sometime so i can check out your hooptie. what do you drive btw?

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
yeah dude i'm down to chill anytime... i drive a flat black 87 supra.... i just dropped in a 1jz i'm in the finaly stretch

do you have any future plans for your supra?

kueves87

Oct 18, 2009
tucson
well im in the middle of the "future" plans right now... big single, complete restoration, new motor, internals, paint job etc.. so there's not a whole lot more after that except a jz, but i'll go 2j big single if i do it. but considering that the motor will be brand new, i dont see any reason to change it unless it explodes.