Hello Supra Folks!

deylag

Sep 17, 2013
Milpitas, CA
Hi My name is Neil from Milpitas, CA. I currently drive an Evo VIII RS. It is fun to drive but its mainly a track/auto-x car. I tried driving the Evo frequently but its just not setup to be a daily driver. Here is a picture of it at an Auto-X event in Marina:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

My current daily driver is an Infiniti I30. Its alright but I am growing tired of its issues/working on it.

What I am looking for now is a new project. The more I look at the MKIII Supra the more I like the look of the car. What pulled me to consider the MKIII Supra over a Miata or a 240sx or any other similar car is the fact that there is easy potential for huge power in this platform. I have been looking over the build threads for the MKIII and I am impressed with what the community has done so far. I think the MKIII would be a good fit for me in terms of power and handling. I am in love with the idea of owning a 400whp RWD car with complete double-wishbone suspension.

Thanks guys and have a great day!

deylag

Sep 17, 2013
Milpitas, CA
Thanks man! I am excited to learn more about the platform itself. For example, what options/trims were available from the factory. I want to learn as much as possible and I know this community will have the info I desire.

I definitely want to take my time after all these are older cars so finding a clean one is not an easy task in my mind.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
deylag;1966904 said:
Thanks man! I am excited to learn more about the platform itself. For example, what options/trims were available from the factory. I want to learn as much as possible and I know this community will have the info I desire.

I definitely want to take my time after all these are older cars so finding a clean one is not an easy task in my mind.

Most of the features were standard from the factory. They were definitely luxury cars in their time, and still are if they are kept up. I would definitely recommend starting with a clean car without tons of problems, you will probably end up saving money in the long run.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Welcome! I think I'm supposed to give you a smart ass comment cause you drive an Evo and I drive a WRX. Lol. My first love though, was my supra. So welcome to supramania. Lots of good info here. Lots of good people willing to give advice, and lots of good vendors to help you build the supra that fits your needs.