Hello from Tenn.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Hi guys. I sure wish I found this site about 3 yrs. and a few thousand dollars ago. I have a 88 NA that I bought new in 88. Up untill 3 yrs ago it was stock with 132,000mi. Then came the fun part. New supension,then a stupid mistake in replacing a timming belt has caused me to do a complete rebuild from top too bottom. So far a ballanced stroker kit with 10.5-1 weisco +60pistons, eagle H-beam rods, web cams, ferrea valves with springs and tita retainers, supertech valves pacesetter headers, head ported, and currenly switching to maft-pro speed-density from Apexi controller.

The write up by Cre on the maft pro is premo and has been a big help. I have a couple of questions about wiring one of which he answered in yesterdays post about the lc-1. So if your out there Cre, help please.

This forum is the best I've seen out there. The info you guys have is fonomal. Please don't bash me for spelling as it's been quite a few years since school.

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum! This is definitely a great place.

Sounds like a very fun build you've got there. How about some pics?

Good luck with the MAFT Pro setup. I really love that system. Feel free to barrage me with any questions you may have... it's been kind of lonely. ;)

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Thanks.I'll Have to figure out how to get the pics up. Shes sitting in the garage with her heart out. Hopfully that will change in about a week

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Another Southern Supra! How far are you from Nashville? Thats 1 1/2 North of me. I am a brand new member too, this site is the BEST! Welcome!
I have a 91 Turbo Targa that is pretty clean, wanna get it to the 400HP level by the end of the year. Hopefully....Aaron

I have a 87 NA also, which will be home soon. I think I will try to sell it to a chick and make my Turbo a Monster Street Warrior! (The Dream....Everybodys got a dream.) lol

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
Another Southern Supra! How far are you from Nashville? Thats 1 1/2 North of me. I am a brand new member too, this site is the BEST! Welcome!
I have a 91 Turbo Targa that is pretty clean, wanna get it to the 400HP level by the end of the year. Hopefully....Aaron

I have a 87 NA also, which will be home soon. I think I will try to sell it to a chick and make my Turbo a Monster Street Warrior! (The Dream....Everybodys got a dream.) lol

Thanks, Ive seen your pics very nice. my 88na is a targa also, lots of fun.
I'm about 1.5 hr away from the nashville airport SE. 400 shouldn" be a prob.. for a turbo. My goal is 250rwhp, almost there 215 w207.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Kckazdude said:
Hello and welcome. Car looks pretty good even from the old pic.
Thanks. sorry about the quality from a old 35mm. I've got a ditital but right now my car is in my garage with things hanging loose like the ecu, intake half done, etc. and very dirty. I'll get some new pics up when she's out and running. The motor doesn't look like that any more. Alot less to see and get in the way. Those were some prints I had laying around.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
AJ'S 88NA said:
Thanks, Ive seen your pics very nice. my 88na is a targa also, lots of fun.
I'm about 1.5 hr away from the nashville airport SE. 400 shouldn" be a prob.. for a turbo. My goal is 250rwhp, almost there 215 w207.

What town do yo live in? I am only 15 miles or so from the tennessee border, so if your south of nashville, we are pretty close.
That is a good looking car. love the black. You have put alot of work into the internals... Cudo's man. I hope to do that one day. My next thing is probubly going to be front suspension, because I have alot of popping going on. Struts maybe? Its going to be a learn as I go kinda thing. Both motor mounts were broken when I bought the car. I put billet aluminum ones on there, so those wont break.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
What town do yo live in? I am only 15 miles or so from the tennessee border, so if your south of nashville, we are pretty close.
That is a good looking car. love the black. You have put alot of work into the internals... Cudo's man. I hope to do that one day. My next thing is probubly going to be front suspension, because I have alot of popping going on. Struts maybe? Its going to be a learn as I go kinda thing. Both motor mounts were broken when I bought the car. I put billet aluminum ones on there, so those wont break.
Thanks. I live in a little town called Dunlap nw out of chattanooga. I've put eibach pro springs w/ kby struts and strut brace. Those 3 things have made quite a diff in handling. Theres proably better out there but the price from summit at the time was hard to beat. I made a solid set of motor mounts but took them off because of the vibration at crusing. Like the feel though. Thanks AJ.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
AJ'S 88NA said:
The info you guys have is fonomal. Please don't bash me for spelling as it's been quite a few years since school.

I won't bash you for your spelling because I see you're from Tennessee.............:biglaugh:
I will tell you though that fonomal is spelled phenomenal. If you had gone to the University of Alabama, you might have known that..................JK. I figured since the Volunteers have kicked our ass here lately, I'd try and make up for it in other ways.................;)

This is just my weird way of saying Welcome to Supramania, and I hope you enjoy it here.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
suprahero said:
I won't bash you for your spelling because I see you're from Tennessee.............:biglaugh:
I will tell you though that fonomal is spelled phenomenal. If you had gone to the University of Alabama, you might have known that..................JK. I figured since the Volunteers have kicked our ass here lately, I'd try and make up for it in other ways.................;)

This is just my weird way of saying Welcome to Supramania, and I hope you enjoy it here.:biglaugh:

No offence :biglaugh: Hillbilly. Originally I'm from W.VA. many, many, years ago I've got thick skin from chasing wemmons tro da wooods. An a tick head frum runnin into trees. told ya abut my spellin.

thanks bro, AJ

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:yelrotflm :yelrotflm .......touche Mr. AJ and no that doesn't spell tooshie. It's pig latinrussianfrench for good job, back atcha, good comeback or something like that.