hello from humble, tx!!

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
hey fellas, my name is mike, im from humble, tx. i have been an aircraft mechanic for the past 2 years, and have always liked working on cars. my first car was a 1990 honda CRX, automatic, 1.? something or other. then came the toyota experience. a 1987 toyota celica ST. drove it for 2 years, it soon needed lots of work. so i found a parts donor (i thought) an '86 toyota celica GTS 5-speed for a whopping $650. turned out the 86 ran way better than the 87. so i sold the 87 to fix up the 86. now i have had this celica for 4 years, rebuilt the whole front suspension, a JDM 3SGE motor, JDM transmission, paint and body, rims and tires, to become....something that still gets beaten by sprayed little acuras, damn them. well recently i stumbled across my old shade tree mechanic who has always had an '88 toyota supra N/A, auto, targa top, that is super white. i talked him out of it for $500, it sat up for 3 yrs. and needed to be rebuilt, it has the notorious rod knock...i am in the process of tearing the motor down for rebuild. i will put up a request for your comments and opinions, soon. thanks for allowing new members to join this site. hope to hear from ya'll soon.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Wow Mike, you got the presidential treatment. Your very first welcome came from The Man. I hope you like it here and find what you need. It's a really great place with some really great people................lol

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
ok, but no more hijacking hero!! thanks for the big welcome! my supra is currently in tear down mode, but i hope to be rebuilding soon, so there has to be a build thread, thanks again!!