Hello from Germany

Tyandriel

Jun 23, 2011
Bavaria
I´m visiting your forum since years, but always as a guest. Today I´ve decided to register, although I don´t think, I´ll contribute that much.

Right now, my age is not far from 30 and I´m an automotive engineer (drivetrain/cooling).
For everyday purpose i use a little '95 3 Series BMW, but for summer weekends I´ve fulfilled myself a dream with my '89 Supra MkIII 7M-GTE MT Targa:

sups_2011_013.jpg sups_2011_09.jpg sups_2011_011.jpg

I´ve bought it in 2008, nearly stock, except for suspension (Koni) and exhaust (Fujitsubo). After only 3 months a valve desintegrated itself. Happily I only had to refurbish the head, but it took me til the beginning of this year, because of my job.
I didn´t miss the opportunity to fix some of the "minor" design flaws by installing a 3" turbo ellbow an got rid of the EGR. Tower struts, refurbished brakes and some nice extra instrumentation (wideband lambda, EGT, oil pressure) also found their way in my lady.
And now there are not many things I enjoy more than driving this beauty around the countryside, with an open roof and switched-of audio :icon_bigg

So i wish you all as much fun with your ladies and many sorrowless miles :)

Tyandriel

Jun 23, 2011
Bavaria
I live about 50mls north of munic, in Ingolstadt (hometown of Audi).
Yes, I´ve heard about Supras in Grafenwoehr :) and at a little supra meet around here last year there was an American who drove a RHD MkIII with red/grey interior. Came accompanied by a friend with a black Chevy MonteCarlo, i think they where from there!

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
It was actually red and black and that was MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

The meet had about 20 Supras and my buddy in the Monte Carlo brought my cooler and some other stuff. With me was a red MK3.

Tyandriel

Jun 23, 2011
Bavaria
lol :: hommer :: thats quite cool :) how are you now? and what happened to your car?

and as you say it, i remember the red MkIII that came with you :) it was my first supra meet and i was a little in trouble keeping all the names and faces in mind.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
The red one belongs to my German friend Bene. He was the one that got me to go out there for that trip. That Supra was traded along with my Jeep Cherokee back to the original owner in trade for my current monster HKS Supra. A few months before I left Germany to come home, that same Supra took 2nd Best in Show at Toyota Nation meet.