hehehehehehehe!! from the depths I rise agaaiiin!!

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I have been horribly inactive upon this forum for a long time now, due to the fact that I felt like my very post was a nuisance, and then I went and became supra-less. Life really kicked my ass for a long time.

But, now with school starting, and financial aid being VERY generous, and me having a nice house, and everything coming together, church, good friends, solid income on my own schedule <I teach music and martial arts> I have decided to go pick up this hot little number this weekend....

p1597593_1.jpg

p1597593_2.jpg

p1597593_3.jpg

p1597593_4.jpg

p1597593_5.jpg

p1597593_6.jpg

p1597593_7.jpg

p1597593_8.jpg

Now, ANY mKiii supra has it's own problems- this one did not pass smog, but I was told it was due to the owner having the egr on backwards, and not even having the o2 sensor on. it has been redone, with recuiepts on hand, new gaskets, including hks metal head gasket , with arp's throughout, @95 lft-lbs. greddy b.o.v- but who care about the spwoosh....also, there are small boost leaks, one on either side of the IC

the oil pan gasket is lame cork, so it leaks a bit...but the a/c works, it is a 5 spd, no dents, good paint <not great, but good> clean title.

only 2 grand.

This is going to be an epic weekend.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
It might sound weird but I actually like what you did to the center section on the taillights.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

The guy I got my inspection from told me to put a very good cat on that is removable and It will pass with no EGR. And it did. Weird huh?

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Boost leaks usually are cracked OEM intercooler piping.
I've gone the cheap route in the past as a quick fix, spreading the crack in the pipe open and stuffing some JBweld in there hehe
If your lucky, you only have to tighten the hose clamps more.
If your not so lucky, you might just have to cut off the end of the pipe a bit and force it on.
Careful of the IC pipe going through the fender, it doesn't take man-handling well

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Please perform a compression test and retorque, it'd be a shame to have to do a head gasket after just getting your car.

Nothing beats peace of mind once you know first hand

Retorque on a cold engine, in torque sequence, one bolt at a time.
Undo the bolt till it "cracks" audibly (1/16 - 1/8 turn counterclockwise), and retorque to the 95 ft/lbs.
ARP has changed the value a couple times over the years, but since its a retorque, 95 should be fine.

Step 2, enjoy :)
please dont drive like an asshat, undo attention draws cops and hurts insurance rates

A nuisance, really? Its the internet, I'm sure there's way worse elsewhere.
Besides, asking questions is a sign of intelligence, asking smart questions gets good answers ;)

-Dave

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I will attempt the retorque just upon your opinion, though I wont lie- the idea frightens me, as I only have ever worked on chebbies. And not many of them at that. the 7m is....very different. I liiike.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Nice find
Take good care of her

I like it really (but the taillights center piece looks wierd -will you leave it like this or palnning to go stock look ?)

Keep us posted and solve the boost leaks -be back on the road and enjoy this sweetheart

Congratulations....

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I am not sure about the tails just yet....it is pre89 looking...and if I waned one of those, well...I would have got one lol. However, it is slightly unique..I really do enjoy the look of a lowered, yet stock looking 89 though...I may perhaps be one of the few who would REALLY rather own an 89-92 as opposed to a mkIV...80's styling ftw....

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Hey- Just everyone's input. I have the opportunity to buy a second supra. Also an 89 turbo 5 spd. also white, but the top half of the car is black..I will put up some pix. The car is only 800 bucks, and is a very straight body. It runs, and drives. but it has issues lol. the vaccuum lines leak- so its a PITA to start, and it needs a new battery. thebattery is no biggy, but i have no idea how to deal with vaccuum lines. and there are a million places it could be leaking.

BUT- it is a running-ish 89 supra turbo 5 spd for 800 bucks...i can prolly get the guy down to 500 as the tags are expire as well...

should I buy it too?? At the very least, i can drive one, and build the hell out of the other...or, considering the wonderful condition of the body, part it out and profit??

p1597908_1.jpg

p1597908_2.jpg

p1597908_3.jpg

p1597908_4.jpg

aaaannnnddd.......THE INSIDE!!

p1597908_5.jpg

p1597908_6.jpg

p1597908_7.jpg

sad little engine bay...

p1597908_8.jpg

that cluster of wires look unhappy...

so guys- buy this one too?- I way have enough money.

Last edited:

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Think I'm gunna buy the both of them. The black/white one, the current owner just dropped the price to 600 bucks. So, In mkiii owner fashion, I will show up with 400 bucks. He seems pretty dang desperate to get rid of it....

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Damned steal dude. Needs some tlc, but some engine degreaser and interior swapping (blue seems to be common if i'm not mistaken) you can flip it or part out.
Actually, I'm quite jealous :D