Heater

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Ok, so I did my single swap on 1JZ mk3. now that I actually get to drive it around 5 AM every morning I realized that there is no heater no more...
I'm pretty sure its an easy fix, most likely some of the water hoses from the stock twins are not hooked up where they should/plugged up. If anyone has got pictures or any other info like that.. would help alot... freaking cold out here.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
It sounds like the heater control valve was bypassed or blocked off when the stock twins were taken off. There is a black plastic valve to the right of the wiper blade motor on the firewall, passenger side. Check to see that all the hoses are still hooked up to it, as well as the metal coolant line running from the back of the motor, under the exhaust manifold.

Attachments

• downsized_0830091246.jpg
    downsized_0830091246.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 26

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
isnt there also a wire that you have to plug up from the heater valve? I know when I took off my 7m harness that connecting end was on it. Not sure if the 1jz has that plug on it. Just the plug and the vacuum line and its good to go? I will be putting mine in soon too.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Same here, Trying to get heater working today after my swap. I have the vac line hooked to the heater/coolant valve(the one in the pic above), but was wondering if some wiring needs to be ran to the valve also.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
pbasil1;1423145 said:
It sounds like the heater control valve was bypassed or blocked off when the stock twins were taken off. There is a black plastic valve to the right of the wiper blade motor on the firewall, passenger side. Check to see that all the hoses are still hooked up to it, as well as the metal coolant line running from the back of the motor, under the exhaust manifold.

so those hoses coming off the "heater control valve" need to be connected to the metal/aluminum line that runs underneath the mani?
Thats what I thought was wrong, wish I knew that before thu lol. Ill try fixing that up today, hopefully it works.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Anybody know if the wiring on the heater valve needs to be hooked up in order to make it work? And if so , where does th wiring go to?

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
jmcboost;1426328 said:
Anybody know if the wiring on the heater valve needs to be hooked up in order to make it work? And if so , where does th wiring go to?

Well of course it needs to be hooked up. what do you think? that is of course if you want to open and close that valve from inside the cabin. if you dont just open it manually in the engine bay and use something to make it stay open, that way you will always have coolant recirculate through the heater core on full. The plug to the heater vacuum valve comes from the harness, there is a small appendix sticking out from the middle of the harness ( just two wires). not sure if the plugs are identical though. On my chaser harness they weren't. And you will need to extend these two wires to make it to the heater valve. they go to the body harness plug and then to the climate control. dont forget there is a little insert on the vacuum line that prevents boost reaching that valve.