Heater works at 83-85 degrees, help

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have read the 2 related threads in this section about this but their heaters do not work at all where mine does but only after I set it to 83 degrees. I was hoping you guys could help guide me on resolving this issue so I can actually adjust my temperature instead of being frozen into an ice cube or sitting in a sauna.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Well when I was having problems with my heater and doing research I think I remember problems like yours being caused by that sensor that is on the passenger side of the dash. That little black thing that comes out of defrost vent over there. I can't say that it is your problem but it is something for you to look into.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
jetjock;1982912 said:
That's the solar sensor. Unlikely to be the problem. Now the in-car temp sensor, if bad, will drive the system amplifier too much either way. It's all in the TSRM...

Gonna disagree here. The tinted cap on top of the sensor can break off leaving just the sensor. Without the cap, if it's daytime, you're freezing.

If he has the cover on it, yeah, not his issue of course, but it's a very easy thing to check.