Heater not working intermittently?!?!

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Before you guys go off on me, i would like you guys to know that i have already bypassed the heater control valve in the engine compartment, coolant is full but i notice at times even at 84 degrees on the climate control, the heater would just randomly blow cold air like its at 65. I would come to a stop and slowly increase the temp from 65 to 82, i usually hear the door motor inside the dashboard when i increase the temp but when the heat goes out the "door" does not operate in the dashboard, i believe it to be some electrical problem as it happens only sometimes, besides the climate control, what could be controlling that climate "door" so i can have it fully functional? if anyone knows about this please please let me know, thanks!

duffer26

Jun 15, 2005
Colorado Springs CO
your 2 issues are 1 and the same when you are at idel you have a air loc in your heater core witch slowly over time is working its way out but is the cause of the gurgeling you hear and as small amounts of the air work its self out it is replaced with the missing coolant you are finding

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
but why is it when i am at a stop light and the temp is on 85 on the climate control you would hear the servo door in the dash moving like the sound when u change the temp? im not pressing any buttons but it does it by itself..

duffer26

Jun 15, 2005
Colorado Springs CO
it is more than likly trying to get more heat when none is to be had auto climate controle is wierd like that some times
it gets confused when it isint geting what it wants in its temp sensors
my SSEi was famous for this type of stuff untill i changed out the controler for the climate controle

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
coolant is filled already, no more gurgling dash sounds, i got a laser temp reader and heater core inlet/outlet hose temps are the same around 190 degrees give or take, intermittently the heater would work i hear the servo door moving inside the dash and heater blows fine, AND i also noticed there is no heat in the cabin area UNTIL the temp reader is 85, otherwise 65-84 is just the same temp....

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
i also noticed after getting a oem toyota radiator cap, after driving 60 miles my coolant reservoir is filled more than the full level and the hose still spews out more coolant into the tank and its kinda bubbly which was never like this before, any ideas?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
On our euro cc units we have cold joints on the electrical panel (?) and therefore the unit stops working with the exact symptoms you have.