Heater motor wiring question

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I have completely rewired my car and the only thing I'm having a little trouble with is the heater motor wiring. I'm looking to just have a high and medium setting for the fan speed. I am using the stock wires that go to the blower. I originally wired in a relay to switch 12V to the motor for the high setting but the wires were getting hot since it's pulling too much current, but this is how the stock wiring seems to run. I havent messed around with the MED steeing yet but it just seems to run through the heater resistor. Below is the diagram for the blower motor. Any help would be great! i'm open to ideas.

Heatermotor.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I still want heat but I am not keeping all the controls and what not. Roll cage + V8 turning it into a strip/street car but I live in MI so i want to keep the heat. I'm not keeping in any of the controls or anything I simply want a 3 way switch for off, med, high, but I'm trying to figure out how to wire it in without running too much current when on high as my wires were getting hot when i was testing it. Simply gutting the car and I want an on off for the heat.