heater hose

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
show me how you ran your heater hose to the firewall on your 1jzgte swap please im worried since the engine is back words ill mess up the flow unless i run it all the way to the other side lol and what are my chances of a extended harness haven issues thansk guys

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
How is the engine backwards? It's simple just run heater hose from the left side inlet of the engine to the inlet on the left side of the firewall and the right side outlet heater hose to the inlet on the heater control valve on the right side of the firewall.

You'll have issues with your extended harness if someone messed up when extending it.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ill be the one extending it and im going to do this very carefully i was just wondering if the hose would have to be reversed since the one on the 7m is a lil diff then the one on the 1j since the moter is jdm

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Yeah my cooling hoses are technically hooked up 'backwards.' It doesn't really matter, the heater core valve just slows the flow from the other direction. It doesn't cause any problems with the cooling system.

As for extending harnesses, your chances of problems depend on how good you are at wiring. Given the choice I would personally either do the dash tuck so you don't have to extend the ECU wires or send it to someone like Dr. Tweak. One mistake with the ECU wires can cause a serious headache.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1447596 said:
Yeah my cooling hoses are technically hooked up 'backwards.' It doesn't really matter, the heater core valve just slows the flow from the other direction. It doesn't cause any problems with the cooling system.

As for extending harnesses, your chances of problems depend on how good you are at wiring. Given the choice I would personally either do the dash tuck so you don't have to extend the ECU wires or send it to someone like Dr. Tweak. One mistake with the ECU wires can cause a serious headache.

Ok so to do the dash tuck what is involved where does the hole need to be drilled can I get some pics or a site that goes into detail on this

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
man i really need a pic of where to drill the hole and the steps taken to do this cause as of tommarow ill be extending it if i dont get some kinda idea what to do with it can i even do it while the moter is in please help i really dont want to have to extend the harness