headlights stoped working

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
I'm a little bit lost on this one. I haven't taken it apart to really dig in. yet But I was driving the other night and my head lights went out. Yes Both. I have a cheepo hid at the moment. Its nothing wrong with the hid system. Luck I keep my dvom in the car. I quickly traced it back to the fues box. I was not getting any power to eather fuse I used a jumper wire and drove the rest of the 6hr back to my house. I just checked the relay and all is good. The tail lights and turn sig work but the headlights are not getting power. The relay is not getting ground I found so far. Sorry for the quick post and bad grammer. Anybody have this.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have the same situation but little bit worse that happened to me couple nights ago.

You can ground the red yellow wire at the retractor relay. If they come onw hen doing that then check that the white black wire is indeed going to ground. Then its most likely the retractor relay.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Its the retractor control. Smelled burnt took it apart and one transistor is cooked n cracking . Who has one for sell lol i got pics if anyone else has this problem too.