Heading to the track tonight.

soontohave

looking for a supra!!
May 9, 2007
cos cob, ct
MRSUPRA said:
Back from the track. Got in one dececent run...out of 3 tries thanks to a packed track.

1st. Too much clutch slip and a third gear bog.. 12.9 @117MPH(1.95 60ft)
2nd. Better launch, but a couple of minor bogs between shifts..12.69 @118.59mph (1.87 60ft)

3rd run (after waiting a while for the track cleanup).................12.0 @120.1mph.. That was with a hellacious launch. And I had the boost up to 24psi. Thanks to the wonderful teenage girls running the booth, my timeslip was lost and I don't know my 60ft. But by feel it had to be in the 1.7 range. Lucky my supra buddy was there to tell me my time.

No 11's, but I'm happy. Especially since I have built (healthy)engine ready to go in

no 11's??? you should be proud of those times!! 13's is good enough for most people drivin supies, but 12.0, godd damn!!

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Hey, I'm happy.. I just beleive the MK3 (although heavy), is a great platform to build on for speed. 11's should be easy for most people who are willing to sink a little nmoney into there Sup.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i just ordered the hpf 61mm set-up that has been floating around on the forum for a week or two. my set-up is very similar to yours, so we'll see how i end up. i have a map-ecu, and i have yet to get injectors. any advice before i hook up the kit. what fuel pump are you running, and what is your ar on the exhaust. ill know soon enough, but i got all sorts of questions for you, like when do you start createing boost, and how is the car for daily driveing. what kinda power do you make on pump gas...... anyways, i would pm you, but maybe there is another person wondering the same thing.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
My turbo is the SP59GT with a .68 A/R turbine side and a .60TO4E compressor housing. The SP59 uses a slightly smaller turbine wheel than the regular SP61's, I'm still not sure what wheel it is..

If I had to do it again, I would have put a GT35DBB on there with a TO4S compressor housing. I'm not really impressed with the spool time on my setup. In 4th gear, I see 15psi at about 3600rpm in cool weather. First gear it seems like I hit full boost right before the limiter. Of coarse that could be due to my engine being low on compression on #4 cylinder and a leaking headgasket. A new 7M with higher compression and headwork is going in before the end of the summer

The only major annoyance of the HPF kit is how the turbo outlet meets up with the lower intercooler pipe. The turbo outlet comes way to close to the side of the engine bay at a bad angle. Make sure you have lots of couplers with bends to make it work.

I'm using a single Walbro with 550's. 680's will be going in with the new engine. I plan on pushing the single walbro pretty hard.
Hope that helps..

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
MRSUPRA said:
My turbo is the SP59GT with a .68 A/R turbine side and a .60TO4E compressor housing. The SP59 uses a slightly smaller turbine wheel than the regular SP61's, I'm still not sure what wheel it is..

If I had to do it again, I would have put a GT35DBB on there with a TO4S compressor housing. I'm not really impressed with the spool time on my setup. In 4th gear, I see 15psi at about 3600rpm in cool weather. First gear it seems like I hit full boost right before the limiter. Of coarse that could be due to my engine being low on compression on #4 cylinder and a leaking headgasket. A new 7M with higher compression and headwork is going in before the end of the summer

The only major annoyance of the HPF kit is how the turbo outlet meets up with the lower intercooler pipe. The turbo outlet comes way to close to the side of the engine bay at a bad angle. Make sure you have lots of couplers with bends to make it work.

I'm using a single Walbro with 550's. 680's will be going in with the new engine. I plan on pushing the single walbro pretty hard.
Hope that helps..

sure does, thanks.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
mrsupra: do you happen to have any pics of the lower intercooler piping meeting the turbo. maybe being able to see the kit before i start trying to assemble it will save me some time.

thanks in advance
Jorgen