headgasket set

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
Looking for a cheap gasket set for my 7MGE, whats a decent brand? Fel-pro is out of my price range (over $300). Ebay sets look really cheapy, there was a Topline set on there the other day but its gone, there was also a Stone set but the description was really vague and its also not listed anymore. Where is another place I could find these gasket sets? the auto parts stores seem to only carry Fel-pro.

I plan on building a gte over the winter so I just need something that will work for the mean time. The motor has high km's, needs a timing belt, valve stem seals and valve cover seals anyway so im just going to pull the head and do it while its apart, Im pretty sure its leaking under load, so I want to replace the gasket and torque it to 72ft/lbs with the stock bolts.

How about a Victor Reinz gasket set? Is that decent? $149.99, pretty much half the price of Fel-pro.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I've used a bunch of Victor Reinz gaskets before and haven't had a problem with them. If you are leary about using a cheaper head gasket I do have a spare Fel-pro one for sale.

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
radiod;1363969 said:
I've used a bunch of Victor Reinz gaskets before and haven't had a problem with them. If you are leary about using a cheaper head gasket I do have a spare Fel-pro one for sale.

Thanks for the info, I might want that Fel-Pro gasket, Il PM you.

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
I used an "entry level" gasket set off of EBay and six months later ended up doing the work all over again because the gasket failed. (see pics on my earlier post)
Save up, take your time, do it right do, it once.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
I highly recommend Ishino - Stone gasket sets. Made in Japan and AFAIK they make many Toyota gaskets.