Header Panel (Above Bumper) Question

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
As a preface, I've spent the last half an hour searching Supramania, so if I missed a post about this, it must've been WAY back there lol

I removed the header panel to install the Supra logo my wife bought me for Christmas... Yes, finally got around to it lol anyhow, I have a slight issue now. Previously, I could tell that there was at least some rust in there somewhere because on the back side (by the hood), it felt crunchy if you pinched it with your fingers.

So, I get it pulled off and this is what I find...

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

Basically, there were only smaller pieces of rust, nothing big enough to identify beyond being rust lol

I found the Acorn nut things on the Cygnus EPC which led me to this. Is this the part that has rusted into oblivion and that I need to replace? lol

On the other hand, the new (to me) badge looks smexy, just not on the car yet lol

IMAG0513.jpg

Last edited:

supra13's

Banned
Oct 20, 2009
Boonville, Indiana
Yes, the piece that is now gone was a strip of metal with studs welded to it. The strip was on the back side with the studs facing the rear of the car. Mine was rusted also so I made a new one. Somebody might have a good one of you post in the wanted section.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
The header panel is a poly of some sort, like the bumpers, IIRC. As for the retaining piece for those nuts, shouldn't be hard to fab up a mount for it if you can't find a good one on a car being parted out...

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Yea, however, Champion Toyota has it for ~$30, so I'm just gonna go ahead and order one. My Power Steering pressure hose on the other hand, is not so cheap OEM lol Champion wants $345, local dealer quoted $450 and Advanced Auto across the street from the house is $71 (before a 14% discount) with a lifetime limited warranty... Hummm, such a hard decision LOL

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good old stealerships... glad that bracket is cheap enough though. :)