head removal

92jza70

May 20, 2013
Alberta
Doing the head gasket on my jza70, after dealing with stripped head bolt and looking over everything I went to lift the head off and it wont pop off, is there something under neath the intake that is holding it, I am pulling the head with the turbos, intake and wiring harness all together.
thanks in advance

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
92jza70;1949784 said:
Doing the head gasket on my jza70, after dealing with stripped head bolt and looking over everything I went to lift the head off and it wont pop off, is there something under neath the intake that is holding it, I am pulling the head with the turbos, intake and wiring harness all together.
thanks in advance
best advice is to retrace everything... make sure you haven't forgotten anything because assuming you still have the twins it will be fucking heavy. you will need help lifting that. fuel, oil lines everything is disconnected?

92jza70

May 20, 2013
Alberta
it is stock twins and yea I know it will be heavy, don't have an engine lift but have a fork lift at the shop so using that, everything that I can see is removed, turbo feed/drain lines, turbo support brackets, down pipe. on the intake side, got the fuel line, couple of heater hoses, wiring harness that is bolt to the manifold in two spots I believe and the oil dipstick.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
It's been tough like that with my 2JZ... Retrace the seam between the head & block. Try prying from opposite corners. I've had to retry lifting/separating the head over several nights, but eventually complies. I guess a really-tight fit is a good fit :)

Good luck!