head gasket leakin oil?

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
hi all my freshly rebuilt engine seems to be leaking oil from the headgasket which is a brand new 2mm cometic i had the block decked to a ra value of under 20 so its real smooth, oil seems to be slowly leaking from where the timing cover meets the block, and then slides down my mhg and leaks all over the block on both sides! i requested the machinist to deck the cover on the block, when he bolted it on it was low so he didnt, later when i put it on it was .005in high so i took it to another machinist and had him mill that off, on the second fitment it ended up .001in high and i called it good which is probably whats wrong, or maybe it needs mhg sealer? i did not use this. i did compression test and got 150-145 accross the board, #1 was 150psi. and held it for more than 20 min, the car does not over heat or lose water due to overpressure from exhaust gas. however it does lose some water but i think thats coming from the union nearest to cyl. 6. there is also a little oil in the water. not much and no foaminess. also i shimmed my oil relief valve with 7mm worth of washers my pressure is 80 @3000rpm and 20@idle any help or comments would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DSC02435..JPG
    DSC02435..JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02431..JPG
    DSC02431..JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 9