Has anyone tried these CX Racing engine brackets?

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Looks like an interesting product. Thought I would share or get feedback if anyone is using them.

Their claim and I copied/pasted (not my english :) )

"....If Using Stock Mount, 1ZJ or 2JZ Motor Sits Too Forward to the Front of the Car, Does not Have Too Much Room for Radiator and Fans.

Our Mounts are Designed to Overcome These Issues. They Fit All MK3 Chassis and Site the Engine Backward to Offer More Room in the Front.....
"

If true, that would help with the limited fan/radiator combo options due to the spacing up front.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 6
  • $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 6

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
interesting...wonder how much more they push it back this would in turn mean if your running stock twins you would possibly have to beat the bulkhead back further and i run the DM brackets and mounts and it fits pretty good to me i think if i went back any further i would hit my cylinder head or coolant outlet on the back.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I wonder how much firewall hammering would be needed. From my S chassis Rb days we would need to smash in the trans tunnel to make the starter fit but it's worth the better weight distribution.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They'd have to sell a tranny mount, driveshaft, and some way to move the shifter as well...

Also, there's a lot of slotted holes and nothing looks very rigid =/