harness question

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well im about to start looking for a harness to make my 91 n/a into to a gte, I know i need to use an 89 or above ecu and harness but id rather use a 90 or above ive read alot about people haveing problems with the 89 stuff because of all the diffrences, Question is how do i tell by looking at a harness what year and model it came out of? any way to tell? i dont wanna get ripped off im shure that wouldnt happen on here but if i found one else where it might happen.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ps

if you are feeling giddy. As long as you can source a complete harness from what ever year, and have the appropiate plugs for the year ECU (87-88 or 89-92), than you can repin the plugs. It is actually easy to do just make sure to do all x-reference on the plug side for the appropiate year. :)

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
thanks for the help guys im probally just going to search for an 90+ ecu and 89.5+ wireing harness shouldnt have any head aches that way. Since im new to this and me and a friend of mine are doing the swap ill be posting alot more questions. SupraMania= best site on the net lol.