Harness Issues

1JMike

Sep 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,

So I have been trying to do some research as I am current looking for a harness for my swap. I'm am swapping a 2jzgte vvti motor into my 89 shell. I am searching for the original harness for my car but no luck. I wanted to know if there is a different year harness that would work for me. It also doesn't help that I am not certain on how to distinguish if my 89 is an early or late model (apparently there are difference in the harness).

If anyone could help me out that would be great

Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You just need the plugs.

Iirc all the pre 89 and 89 stuff is the same. Might have a couple different pins.

Also you don’t actually have to use the factory connectors. There kind of a pain to get and you destroy a harness getting them. You can use a Deutsch dt connector or something like it. Same goes for the 6pin c1 connector.

And in terms of wiring it would be better to cut the wires needed and crimp new connector terminals on than the solder a connector in. You could also do non insulated butt connectors and then heat shrink as well tho.

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
The motor mounts are an easy way to tell if your early or late model. Square=early, round=late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1JMike

Sep 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Okay thanks yeah everything is pointing towards early model. Thanks.

Ima keep looking for a harness and if I can get it cheap I'll use if not I'll looking into other connectors

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk