Harness help...

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
Ok a little backround on whats going on... about 2 months ago i bought a harness that was supposed to be only 3 years old. It supposedly came off of a running car, it had the 550cc injector clips wired in already, which is a mod i have so i figured i was a step ahead by not having to do that. My car ran fine before i changed the harness it just had little hiccups here and there that i had just chased down to a bad harness. it was the original as far as i know. The mods on my car are Lexus Afm , 550cc , Safc. When i changed the harness all of a sudden the car would not run barely idled and wouldnt rev above 2000rpm, checked everything end eventually i put my old harness back on. with my old harness back on the car the car still didnt run until i changed the afm, somehow it went bad from one day to the next, as soon as i changed it the car was normal again.. I am not a harness person, but i know thats where my problem is. So i tested the "new" harness using a Power Probe on one end and a test light on the other, to see where the power was going...here are my results...

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]
sm_photo_missing.jpg
i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/Kingrichard3841/afmplug.jpg[/IMG]

obviously the "new" harness has a problem..where do i go next? should i even try to have this harness repaired? i really just want my money back at this point i paid 350.. for the harness that was supposed to be like new. can any one help? i cant follow those wiring diagrams on the tsrm.. if you can please help ...the car is an 87 turbo

Attachments

• good afm plug..bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 11
  • afm plug..bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ECU-pinout-87..gif
    ECU-pinout-87..gif
    99 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: