Hardpipe Intake?

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
I am thinking of ordering the 935 Hardpipe intake kit for my 87 N/a supra and was wondering if anyone else on here has had experience with the kit and if it is worth it to buy. Also, if anyone here has pics of it please post! Thanks

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
IMO it would be better for the engine since it is a straight tube inside and less "crazy straw" effect that can restrict airflow, just as long as you have an open element or cone filter to go with it, i feel throttle response was increased on my old supra

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
There's no way in HELL I'm going over all this garbage again. Search "Intake" in the advanced search and specify the 7M-GE forum. Then search "helmholtz resonator".

If you want a conical filter, fine. The N/A doesn't pull anywhere near enough air for the stocker to be a bottle neck... unless it's a paper cheapie. BUT, if you put it in the engine bay, you're an idiot... (HINT: heat)

/THREAD

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
If by "crazy straw" the OP means the accordion section, I have no objection. I'd just leave the resonator in place.

Of course a slow N/A is a slow N/A, so if bling's more important... well, whatever. Just keep the filter out of the engine bay or build an enclosure for it.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
CRE;1196005 said:
There's no way in HELL I'm going over all this garbage again. Search "Intake" in the advanced search and specify the 7M-GE forum. Then search "helmholtz resonator".

If you want a conical filter, fine. The N/A doesn't pull anywhere near enough air for the stocker to be a bottle neck... unless it's a paper cheapie. BUT, if you put it in the engine bay, you're an idiot... (HINT: heat)

/THREAD

Hey, this post reminded me I needed to change the information about modifying the intake in the N/A Upgrade FAQ, so I finally fixed it :)