hard time reving up

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
It acts like it has a load on it like I'm driving. builds boost while I'm just sitting there trying to rev the car up and when I'm trying to rev the car up it dosen't want to rev up freely. It revs up really slowly even it i have it wide open. I tried searching for similar problems but i dont know what to say for something similar to come up with any related issues. Any ideas why it is doing this.

thanks
Drew

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Dont know why but it revs up fine now but im still having issue with it not idling correctly Im at 15 degrees BTDC and it wont idle for more than 10 secs after I start the car.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well i readjusted the CPS to TSRM specs and but its now giving me a really ruff idle so I'm going to try and adjust the TPS now and see what i make of that.

do you have a VPC? any engine codes thrown? i had something simmilar i guess..i would run rough and not rev freely..wide open it would only build to about 2780 2800 RPM..looking up troubleshooting on the VPC one of the things to check is loose wiring for those symtoms and it was from the wiring for the VPC was loose...after jiggling wiring under the hood it started to rev free again..

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
As of right now it revs freely dont know why it wasn't earlier but i adjusted the tps and its running better when I'm on the gas but it still dies on me after I let off the gas. It's hard to do the timing right now because I cant get out of the car fast enough to time it but it dosen't bog down on me when I give it gas anymore. The only code that comes up is 52. I am also noticing a low idle miss so I'm going to check the plug wires per TSRM specs and I know i need new plugs they are fuel fouled just bought them the other day but it could be the fact that of the gas that was in the tank that i drained out. Crappy yellowish tint to it. I put new gas in it but there was still some left in the lines that probably screwed them up.