Haltech 2000 & wiring for JDM 1JZGTE

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Hey guys I really need some help here please! Yes I have done research but before I spend the money I would like to hear from experienced supra owners. I have a JDM 1JZGTE 1991 Supra engine and 5 speed manual with the full uncut wiring harness and ECU. Yes already know what upgrades I'm doing but had a question related to the Haltech only.

I found this complete Haltech 2000 set up with a new full wiring harness but the listing on E-bay says for 1JZ or 2JZ for $2689.99. I don't understand how it can work for both 1J and 2J. Will this work for me and if so should I just buy it?

Its listed on E-bay as: Haltech Sport 2000 ECU+harness Supra 2JZGTE or 1JZGTE

I have seen forums already on how to lengthen the original harness or have Dr. Tweak get it done. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated with anyone that has experience with the Haltech 2000 engine management system and wiring.

I have seen Haltech's just like this one with no wiring at all for $1700 but may end up spending more money getting the wiring correct. What do I do?

Repectfully,
Rokit1man

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
It most likely comes with a flying-leads harness (Comes with the neccessary clips and about a foot of wires) You have to re-wire this into your existing harness.
Dr. Tweak doesn't touch aftermarket EMS's so you will have to find someone else who will do that for you.

Otherwise, yes 1JZ and 2JZ motors esentially share the exact same sensors

Sam

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
I tried to post back to your reply but did not see it, so will post again... Thanks for the help and information guys and appreciate it. I am getting this project started this summer and wishing I had someone with experience to share it with close to home. Wish me luck!