Halo 3

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Mk3Jesse said:
ok, and if it does die i get a one for free....
so i dont seem to understand the problem.

Dont you have to buy the warranty again when you do a replacement? Also anything on your HD will be lost as you no longer have it? I also thought they didnt just hand you one, they would attempt a repair first, meaning time without a system?

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
my friend waited outside of walmart for 9 hours to get it, he was the first one in line... and the first one to get the first copy in Walmart.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

for a game, i made fun of him at work today for waiting that long for a stupid ass game, i guess he said it rocks though

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
iwannadie said:
Dont you have to buy the warranty again when you do a replacement? Also anything on your HD will be lost as you no longer have it? I also thought they didnt just hand you one, they would attempt a repair first, meaning time without a system?
No its different than the "microsoft waranty" i paid 12.00 for the waranty, i walk in with the damaged xbox and they hand me a different one, simple as that. I just have to have my reciept. And no i didnt buy it with the harddrive, the hard drve is mine so i would take it off..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
for anyone that doesn't understand my logic about games, watch the "zero punctuation" reviews...

We've gotten to the point that ALL games look fantastic, now we just need some depth back in them...

Halo has always been an average shooter IMHO, and honstly the most entertaining part of it is shooting vehicles across the map with grenades...

I can play a crappy visual game that plays fantastic. Sure, I enjoy modern games, but they get dull fast. Bioshock comes to mind as they said it was new style gameplay... BULLSHIT. It's typical zombie killing and is a mix of Doom 3 and the Metroid Prime series...

The most inventive game I've played in a REALLY long time is Psychonauts. I won't explain why, but it's worth playing...

FYI: I know one of the people on the dev team for Crysis, and before that Farcry. He happend to work on a Q3A mod that had me addicted for a very long time, but since he left they turned the game to shit...

I'll stop my rant as i know I'll get flames...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Does anyone play that Viking (or w/e) game thats in all ASCII? I seen it in a Games For Windows magazine and thought about DLing it... but it sounded too complicated.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Mk3Jesse said:
No its different than the "microsoft waranty" i paid 12.00 for the waranty, i walk in with the damaged xbox and they hand me a different one, simple as that. I just have to have my reciept. And no i didnt buy it with the harddrive, the hard drve is mine so i would take it off..

A friend had a problem and they made him buy the warranty again for the replacement. I thought that was standard nowdays, on all warranties I have now they said the same thing. Even my tires lol, you get replacement but you must pay to warranty the new item...

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
iwannadie said:

No, actually microsoft doesnt need the harddrive unless the HDD is the problem in the first place, they only replace the box...and microsoft also refunded everyone who bought a warranty. They also extended the warranty for 3 more years!

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
MKIII N00b said:
No, actually microsoft doesnt need the harddrive unless the HDD is the problem in the first place, they only replace the box...and microsoft also refunded everyone who bought a warranty. They also extended the warranty for 3 more years!

MS refunds money for people who bought a 3rd party warranty? Thats news to me.

But the other guy wasnt talking about MS warranty but rather an in store warranty.