Haha, I'm such a geek.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This evening I was wondering if I had the gains properly set on my amplifiers, so I pulled out my oscilloscope, plugged it into the amps, and ran a test-tone through the head unit.

These things come in handy :)
My old PG amp powering my front components had to be adjusted to a minimal gain level. Even at that level, it would clip anything past a volume level of 35 on my HU (so that's my max volume). My eD NINe.1 powering my sub however could be adjusted all the way up with NO clipping of the input signal. None whatsoever. What a great amp :)

Sounds a whole lot better now that the gains are properly set on the amps. I had no idea I was clipping my front stage so much. Then again, I'm sure a pure sine wave is a little more intense then most music.

I guess now I need to upgrade my front amplifier to compete with the sub :naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What's your favorite colored pocket protector?

sorry dude, but I couldn't help it.........lol

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I can see it already...next years Ride of the Year will come down to what ever it is that you did in the first post on this thread, and if your car has it or not. It's way above me. I may need to call on you for tuning sometime in the future, if ever my car will go that far.:icon_bigg

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
I've been wanting to get my hands on one for a while, but I can't justify spending the money on it, when my car needs the money more lol
I got it on Ebay for like $55us shipped or something :) It's an old 20mhz scope, but it works just great for anything I need it for.