H&R Suspension

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i had to roll all the fenders. i was running 18x8 + 40 before with no issues. i had 225-40's on there. if i had to do it again, i'd do 18x8.5 +25 or +35.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
gsxr141;1995899 said:
i had to roll all the fenders. i was running 18x8 + 40 before with no issues. i had 225-40's on there. if i had to do it again, i'd do 18x8.5 +25 or +35.
any pics of that setup?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I've been daily driving my Supra on H&R Sport Springs with Tokico Blues for a year and a half now and they're beautiful. The ride is smooth and forgiving on the highway, and stiff enough to be confident in the turns. Mind you a suspension overhaul is desperately needed on my car seeing as it just crossed 320K KMs (200K miles) the other day on the stock suspension bushings etc. So handling would be drastically increased with a healthier suspension system. I'm thinking of switching to KYB GR2s or Bilstein struts cause my Tokicos are starting to go.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
MNBmk3T;1996267 said:
I've been daily driving my Supra on H&R Sport Springs with Tokico Blues for a year and a half now and they're beautiful. The ride is smooth and forgiving on the highway, and stiff enough to be confident in the turns. Mind you a suspension overhaul is desperately needed on my car seeing as it just crossed 320K KMs (200K miles) the other day on the stock suspension bushings etc. So handling would be drastically increased with a healthier suspension system. I'm thinking of switching to KYB GR2s or Bilstein struts cause my Tokicos are starting to go.

My plans were to run the same setup you have, h&r with tockico blues. Im going to get them this week when i get paid. Feels good to hear good feed back haha

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
OP,

If using TEMS is not problem, you could:
-take some measurements of your struts
-Call Bilstein
-Ask them to valve your shocks to the springs you would like to run (they have all kinds of options).

or

you could ask them what rate of spring rate will work with the Supra application as the pogo stick effect usually stems from unmatched spring and dampers.

or

you could take a ride in lowered local Supras to see what you like. Let's be honest, firm and stiff is relative so what may be bone jarring to you, may be firm to someone else.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
MadRPM;1996594 said:
OP,

If using TEMS is not problem, you could:
-take some measurements of your struts
-Call Bilstein
-Ask them to valve your shocks to the springs you would like to run (they have all kinds of options).

or

you could ask them what rate of spring rate will work with the Supra application as the pogo stick effect usually stems from unmatched spring and dampers.

or

you could take a ride in lowered local Supras to see what you like. Let's be honest, firm and stiff is relative so what may be bone jarring to you, may be firm to someone else.

Good options but im not trying to go all out on this setup cuz eventualy ill be going with bc coil overs. I wish i new a couple of supra owners around :( My car doesnt have tems boooo

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I had them with tokico blues and it was a rake set up and the front sagged after a few years. I switched them out for Eibachs and I liked the eibachs wayyy more. Still was a rake set up but it was so much better overall.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
I plan on going coilovers after a couple yrs wen I reach my hp goal. Dont all if not most springs end up sagging as they age?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Yeah my Springs have sagged a ton on the driver front. Probably cause I'm 230 pounds but still.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
MNBmk3T;1996822 said:
Yeah my Springs have sagged a ton on the driver front. Probably cause I'm 230 pounds but still.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That might have sped up the process lol