Guv'na's Tavern

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Pyro15D;2008303 said:
YZ426. My wife was riding her Yamaha Blaster. The dunes were fun.

Well crap. I have the KFX700 in Kennewick. I could have hung out for another day. I've had to ride by myself lately because I don't know anyone in the area who rides. Would love to go riding with (ex)Supra folk. If you're ever riding in that part of the state again give me a heads up.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Will do! I was hoping you would be out on the dunes on Saturday. Note to self; bring a paddle tire for the dirt bike. The quad had paddle rear tires but I had to make do with a knobby. Thankfully the bike is powerful enough to lug my fat ass around.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
I usually head back to Yeah-cult for the weekend, but sometimes stay in the Kennewick rental. I would have for sure. I have to come here for work so I might as well take advantage of the desert.
Yeah, if you have enough power you can get around on knobbies. It's a little harder to kick sand on the YFZ450s and Raptors though.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Yeah I did the yz450 exhaust cam swap for better power and the auto decomp and I installed the wr flywheel and stator so I can install a lighting kit and someday make the bike street legal. I love the sound of a big 4-stroke thumper though!

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
"I love the sound of a big 4-stroke thumper though!"
I put dual Yoshimura on mine. It sounds like a Harley. Can't wait to hear it with the BBK, head, cams, etc.
Still haven't decided if it'll be turdo'd or just the 40 shot. Turbo sounds pretty sweet with the Harleyesque rumble though:)

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
I have a rather expensive habit of getting bored:)
This one wasn't getting ridden much anymore so I had to decide to either sell it or make it more interesting. Did a little research and got sucked in.
But that's fine. I'm pretty excited to ride it with the new motor:D

It's the middle one in my avatar. It's already quicker than my Raptor 700 on the left, but the Raptor gets ridden.

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
Got into an argument with peoples on Facebook. This is my reply. What do you all think? Am I a idiot? Lol

"I just met a guy who drove his MK3 down from Canada to the supra nationals. His 7M made
1000+hp. Did it cost alot to do that? Fuck yea, but that's not my goal. The reason why I brought that up is to say if you build it properly it will last. Don't get me wrong I love JZ motors. But im not going to spend money buying a block, ecu, tranny, ect. Just to have a stock JZ motor when I can build a more powerful 7M. Dropping a J motor isn't a fix all for what I want to do. If anyone wants to start a "Help Bird Drop a J Motor" Charity by all means I will take it and spend my money upgrading that. Since I know for damn sure no one is ever going to do that im sticking with my 7M and will learn from mistakes till I reach my goal."

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
"I admire your determination, but I think having a reliable 7m is an illusion, unless you are willing to put down some serious cash to fix the oiling issues and the cooling, and ignition, to have a decent block and head to build up on, it will be more than a jz engine, which is already a decent platform to build upon. But, all the power to you Corbin. I realized this problem after trying with 7ms for 7 or 8 years, I just dont want you to waste as much time to get you to realize that........7m is the worst, afterthought piece of shit engine I've ever worked on. you know I love u bro, no homo"

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
"yea you are pretty homo lol. Hey i appreciate the input and any advice. Im doing this because it's a personal goal. Once i hit that goal i will be satisfied then i will go JZ if i feel overwhelmed . "

That's it, no more 😎

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
The 7M definitely has issues, but with a little patience and some TLC it's not the worst motor ever by any stretch of the imagination. What are your goals for that engine Bird?

SPOOLMK3

Creeper
Mar 21, 2012
tacoma
Over 500whp for over 5 years. Never had a oiling or cooling problem.

Just a retard with wrench problem. But I'm doing better.