Guroos needed

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
I have done extensive work and many of hours testing, rewiring and troubleshooting this issue with my single turbo 1jz. I keep getting a code 31 for the airflow meter circut and a tps code, I fixed the wire for the tps then it went away and now its back. So i believe that i have another wire issue or the sensor itself is bad. However I am unable to source the air flow meter code, I bench tested the map sensor and swaped sensors with a buddy and still having these bugs.

The engine cranks right over and fires up then runs really rough. I changed ECU's and even had the capacitors replaced in the one, so that's not an issue. I also went over the entire wiring harness and I'm out of ideas. Looking for some outside assistance. car has been down for seven months, please help. sorry for the long, word filled post lol.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The sub-tps is actually wired to the map sensor, via the blue wire with the black stripe. Its pin 1 on the tps and pin 3 on the map sensor. Try jumping this connection and see if your codes go away.

EDIT: also, because of this connection, a malfunctioning tps could also be causing the rough running issue you describe

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
The wire that i fixed on the tps was blue with red stripe, I dont see a red with blue stripe but that may be jest the connection stated. I see this on the tps and the secondary for traction control. which one is the pin that I bridge the connection?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
My diagram here says pin 1 on the TPS is blue with a black stripe, pin 2 is white with a red stripe, pin 3 yellow with a blue stripe, and pin 4 is brown. Although if you have traction control you probably don't have a supra 1jz and my diagrams might not match up.

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
Well i got a swap from a soarer gen 1 and the motor came with traction control. Although your jza70 diagram may show a different color stripe on the blue wire, I have the pin one's wire matching up on the third pin on the map as far as color goes.

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
MAP wires, blue with red stripe, yellow with black stripe and brown.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Brown, red, yellow, blue with red stipe
sm_photo_missing.jpg

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Yeah those two pins should be connected together somewhere in the harness. Check with a multimeter to see if you can get a signal from one to the other.

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
The TPS code is gone, the map code 31 is still there, wondering if the brown wires on both connectors are intertwined as well. Car runs better, just riches out.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
look at a 1jz ecu pinout and i believe its e2 thats a ground for the map sensor,tps, water temp and air temp. they all share a ground

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
car is just running rich now and no codes, pulled the line for the catch can off and seemed to help but don't know for sure cuz the plugs looked pretty beat. whats the deal with that?