Gunman opens fire at NIU. Ugh...

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/ap_on_re_us/niu_shooting

DEKALB, Ill. - DeKalb Police say a gunman who opened fired at Northern Illinois University is dead. Authorities say the gunman started shooting in a lecture hall on Thursday, injuring as many as 15 people as students frantically scrambled over desks for cover.
ADVERTISEMENT

Kishwaukee Community Hospital said on its Web site up to 15 victims were arriving, including three to four with head wounds.

The shooting took place around 3 p.m. in Cole Hall near the King Commons, a central gathering place on the 25,000-student campus, according to the Web site.

DeKalb is located about 65 miles west of Chicago.

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
At least the fuckers dead and doesn't give the justice system a chance to screw things up. Condolences to the victims and their families.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
shit...

we had an emergency test drill today to...freaky.

I hope all those people make it allright... :( my prayers will go to them..

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
I went to NIU and I thought the shooting threat in december was bad enough.

Im glad my sister and all my friends there still are ok

My thoughts go out to those who have died and who are injured.

May the shooter rot in hell

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
robbo185;922370 said:
I went to NIU and I thought the shooting threat in december was bad enough.

Im glad my sister and all my friends there still are ok

My thoughts go out to those who have died and who are injured.

May the shooter rot in hell

I went there for a year (10 years ago), it's very strange watching a story like this when you have been in all of the buildings.

I don't know what the hell is happening out there in HS and college these days. Only a few short years have past since I was a student, yet it seems like there are so many more issues.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
Our generation is so fucked up in the head.
I mean you know your generation is fucked when being depressed,apathetic, and suicidal is glorified through the emo culture and other similar cultures.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
robbo185;922387 said:
Our generation is so fucked up in the head.
I mean you know your generation is fucked when being depressed,apathetic, and suicidal is glorified through the emo culture and other similar cultures.

Who the hell glorifies it other than the media?

Kids really do this shit because they think it's cool? Congratulations, you're famous. Fuck - you're dead.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
The shooting was the fourth at a U.S. school within a week.

On Feb. 8, a woman shot two fellow students to death before committing suicide at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge. In Memphis, Tenn., a 17-year-old is accused of shooting and critically wounding a fellow student Monday during a high school gym class, and the 15-year-old victim of a shooting at an Oxnard, Calif., junior high school has been declared brain dead.

momodu7

Jan 2, 2008
Tulsa, OK
dugums;922394 said:
Who the hell glorifies it other than the media?

Kids really do this shit because they think it's cool? Congratulations, you're famous. Fuck - you're dead.

I agree with you 100%. I had a friend who was real cool then all of a sudden he went emo on me. He started cutting his wrist and started telling me how much his life sucked. WTF!!! He had scholarships to 5 colleges and he threw it all away to be with other emos like him. He does nothing now but bitch about how life sucks. Its your problem if your life sucks(sometimes)but if you have to be a low life bastard and take other peoples lives because of it, then by all means I hope you burn in hell til the end of time.

My heart and prayers go out to all the victims involved in this disaster.:icon_cry:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
DreamerTheresa;922460 said:
WELL! It's a goddamned good thing that he was in a GUN FREE ZONE.

Not to mention its illegal for citizens of Illinois to carry a firearm, concealed or otherwise.

But it was a gun free zone, so how did this tragedy happen? I mean, sheesh guns aren't even allowed over there..... :sarcasm:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
At what point will the general concensus be that schools are too dangerous to be in because of the constant threat of being gunned down while studying calculus? Sooner or later, there will be a damand to turn schools into fortresses, where will we be then?

The system, so it seems, is defeating itself.