GTE running rough but no misfire cant figure out!!!

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
planemos;1870934 said:
Yah this thread is all over the place lol. I remember when I had my car all apart once I forgot to plug in one of the main wire harness plugs inside the car. And it was running really rough without it plugged in.

you think the harness could be wired in wrong? the gray pin engine harness had to be "depinned"and wired to the yellow pin body harness

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
All I have to say is wow. You ask for advice.. and then the CAR tells you what's wrong and you ignore it and claim you're an expert.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Fix what the car says is wrong.......

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
7m_no_sht;1871048 said:
FYI this post was my last resort, im no noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, iv gone over the entire engine, tested for vac leaks, checked timing with 2 different guns, different ignitors and coils nothing has worked, so if you feel like insulting this thread please keep it to yourself

7m_no_sht;1871052 said:
the other night my brother and i decited to pull the plugs and we found that #1 was broken and #6 wasnt even firing, i replaced #1 and checked the ignition coil for #6 to see if it was firing, it was. so i replaced the plug wire which seemed to make it fire but after i replaced all of the plugs, #3 and #5 arent firing. at this point im lost, i checked the ohms on the CPS and it read 1.905 where i believe its supposed to be around 1.0-1.5 ohms. im going to replace that tomorrow and probably the ignition coils, ill post the results

Don't you think spark plugs would of been one of the first places to check since you checked everything. Also, broken spark plugs would of been the first thing mentioned.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
the spark plugs were brans new, no miles on them so no it wasnt seeing how the CPS, Coils, and Igniter were all used so no they arent, as for the codes i replaced everything that it said was wrong and set my tps, but it all doesnt matter now, i snapped a rod on my way to work tuesday morning

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
7m_no_sht;1872776 said:
the spark plugs were brans new, no miles on them so no it wasnt seeing how the CPS, Coils, and Igniter were all used so no they arent, as for the codes i replaced everything that it said was wrong and set my tps, but it all doesnt matter now, i snapped a rod on my way to work tuesday morning

Wait, you were driving it like this?