GT35R 1JZ Build starting

Update 05/16/2009: I am making this my new Build thread. It is a continuation of my original thread :http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43837

Well, i finally got my GT35R and well now i am really confused. It almost looks like someone took a dremel to the end of the shaft. Does anyone know why this might have been done. Is it unsafe to use, due to being unbalanced?

By viperkillertt

Attachments

• HPIM1699.jpg
    HPIM1699.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
haha! wow, ok cool! Thank you very much. Otherwise it looks fricken fab. Only a tiny bit of shaft play back and forth and none up and down. So i am happy. I started running the numbers and damn, i dont know how i am going to swing the rest of the build

1jz/2jz mk3 AFPR kit for -8 rail $289.00
1JZ Single Turbo Downpipe Kit $135.00
1JZ-GTE Fuel Rail $199.00
680cc Siemens injectors (6 w/clips)-Domestic-High $450.00
Walbro Fuel Pump For 84-92 $103.00
.63 housing v band $250.00
46MM Wastegate $95.00
Garrett GT35R 1.06 A/R $700.00

Total $2,221.00 Plus ship and misc stuff that i have forgotten like oil feed lines...

even though i got a steal on the turbo, the rest of the build is pretty damn expensive. :)

Last edited:
Fletch124;1319570 said:
Where did you get a GT35R for $700???
I am one lucky guy :)
It was ebay. Some dude couldn't finish his dream sand crawler project, so he listed it for 800. For some silly reason no one bid and i bought it for 700 last week :) I have been watching for about a year. It is perfect and it has no miles on it. It has chrome housing, which fricken rocks! I was going to spend weeks polishing the housing, but it is already done :)

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
viperkillertt;1319746 said:
It was ebay. Some dude couldn't finish his dream sand crawler project, so he listed it for 800. For some silly reason no one bid and i bought it for 700 last week

you are one lucky guy, congrats on the steal

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
Ok well if you are going for that, I can tell you right now that walbro won't be enough. You are going to need at least -6 (3/8) preferably -8 or 1/2 inch lines and an inline pump. I am going through this right now too. I dynoed at 420 but we had to let off because at full boost I was loosing fuel pressure on my walbro.
Just suggesting it

dslocal;1320918 said:
Ok well if you are going for that, I can tell you right now that walbro won't be enough. You are going to need at least -6 (3/8) preferably -8 or 1/2 inch lines and an inline pump. I am going through this right now too. I dynoed at 420 but we had to let off because at full boost I was loosing fuel pressure on my walbro.
Just suggesting it
Thanks for the advice, are you running a gt35r also? My main goal is just getting it together, but maybe i will go with the bosh fuel pump instead of the walbro. I believe it does better at high pressure.

Also, i think it is time to rename this thread. I think this will be the beginning of my new build thread :)

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I am using two kkk k-26/27 55mm turbos.
well if you want to do it right leave the walbro in the tank and then use that to feed into a surge tank. Then off the surge tank use a bosch 044 pump, those are good till about 650 or so whp. then feed the return line from the injectors back into the surbe tank and then run a return line from the very top of the surge tank into the fuel tank
If you can weld aluminum it will save you some money too.