Ground points

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
As many of you know, I stripped my car's engine bay down to the frame rails awhile ago for the start of a color change, but unfortunately I wasn't too smart with the disassembly and rushed allot of it!

I feel like I remember taking a ground wire off, approxamitely where the clutch cable coupler is mounted (and fuel lines)

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The diagrams in the TEWD seem to only list the two I already have (A and C), and point B which looks like it's the intake manifold:
http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=26

Any insight would be appreciated :)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
yes theres one there and also @ the rear of the trans too..

dont forget the one on the left side of the engine too.. to the firewall on the top

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Right, I remember those two, strange I don't seem to see the one I'm talking about in the diagram, I wonder if anybody has any pics by chance of where that ground where connects to? That would be fantastic :)

Thank's Tissimo!

I need to make sure I ALWAYS have ziploc bags and a paint pen before I do ANY disassembly!

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Well here's a pic of what I did. The strap goes from the metal bracket behind the fuel lines to the upper bolt on the drivers side of the engine-to-bellhousing removable mount on that side.

The pic is looking up. Towards the top of the pic is towards the passengers side, and you can see the brake booster in the background higher up.

Attachments

• Ground_Strap_to_bellhousing.jpg
    Ground_Strap_to_bellhousing.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 44