ground location question

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
That appears to be the ground that bolts to the engine block. Keep in mind, there is a similar power wire that goes to the alternator, and one to the starter.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
well i was looking at the wiring diagram on TSRM and there was a wire going to the starter from the battery but there also was a wire that i thought connected to the starter that came off the wiring harness. I know that there was a plug that goes to the starter that i have pluged in. so im confused to the fact that there would be two wires going to the starter

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
drewsh666;1517327 said:
well i was looking at the wiring diagram on TSRM and there was a wire going to the starter from the battery but there also was a wire that i thought connected to the starter that came off the wiring harness. I know that there was a plug that goes to the starter that i have pluged in. so im confused to the fact that there would be two wires going to the starter
There are two wires that go to the starter; the first is the starter signal wire that connects to the spade terminal and the other wire should be the negative from the battery I believe. Check the starter for both wires.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
thank you for the info but now i need to figure out where these wires go. they come out of the wiring harness from the same area that the female starter wire comes from. they are 2 brown wires and 2 white with a black stripe

Attachments

• DSC01233.JPG
    DSC01233.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 44

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Where is the grounding location for the brown and white wires in post 10 for the ECU ground?

Edit: Nevermind. I no longer have a stock manifold so it doesn't matter. Guess I will ground it at one of the transmission bolts.

Last edited:

cliffordrican

Feb 14, 2010
long island ny
srry not to hyjack ur post but i need quick advice on same sub. ok so a cable from the battery pos side goes to the bolt on the starter and the brown and white wires bolt to the intake manifold and that plug plugs to the starter? hmm can this be why my car just goes click and wont start lol ?

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
cliffordrican;1548049 said:
srry not to hyjack ur post but i need quick advice on same sub. ok so a cable from the battery pos side goes to the bolt on the starter and the brown and white wires bolt to the intake manifold and that plug plugs to the starter? hmm can this be why my car just goes click and wont start lol ?

it could be if the starter signal wire wasnt plugged in.... but why wouldnt it be? did you unplug it?

cliffordrican

Feb 14, 2010
long island ny
yea i wired a long posi cable to the starter from the battery and it started right up thanks for the info i was trying to put the brown and white wires on starter before lol car runs fine now

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
lol. glad i could help:) i think that was MY FIRST post i actually helped someone with lol:) yay.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

what gauge wire did you use? its thick right? be careful dont go too skinny.

smokey55

Jul 23, 2010
Omaha
so do they go to the bolt near the middle of the intake? i have the same issue i figured out the other 2 one to the engine block the longer one to the starter so the smaller brown and white to the intake.