greddy ultimate

ahmed

Jan 31, 2009
cleveland
well i just picked up this unit for a great price and thought id use this instead of the safc. i did a little search on here about it but all i heard was negative stuff.

what all do i need to run it. just wire the harness in. is there extraz i need to run it.

1jz in a sc300

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
some people say you need the injector adapter, other people say you don't. i personally run it on mine because greddy says i need it.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
hey di rosa what injector adapter are u speaking of... this may be why mine runs stupid ass rich with the emanage regardless how much i pull.... i did not see this anywhere from greddy either

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
taken from greddy's website:

ULTIMATE INJ. ADAPTER 2
prevents overly rich condition for 6 cylinder vehicles

15901504 25.00

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
cruzinbill;1351499 said:
hey di rosa what injector adapter are u speaking of... this may be why mine runs stupid ass rich with the emanage regardless how much i pull.... i did not see this anywhere from greddy either

setting jumper 13 to open may help if you are using the water temp input .or you can build your own injector adaptor .
p1352209_1.jpg

ahmed

Jan 31, 2009
cleveland
ya... i wish i never sold my map ecu 2... only reason i have it for sale is i suck at wiring and from quick search doesnt seem like people like it.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
dogdrake;1352209 said:
setting jumper 13 to open may help if you are using the water temp input .or you can build your own injector adaptor .
p1352294_1.jpg

I tried this and it didnt help me at all. Also.. how many of you are using the knock sensor input I have tried it but it never displays any info. Maybe I am setting it to the wrong knock freq, but i never seem to find anyone monitoring it but I would really like to kinda helps tuning you know.

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
in regards to knock sensor logging, you have to select Non-resonant sensor type, frequency 7.0-7.6Khz

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
di_rosa;1353406 said:
in regards to knock sensor logging, you have to select Non-resonant sensor type, frequency 7.0-7.6Khz

I installed an EMU on my 1J last week . I'm having a few issues but it's running my setup ok ,,yes just ok. I'm turning up the boost as I learn the program and get the results I want at each boost level. Inconsistent a/f readings are causing me some grief. Drop a few deg outside ( at night ) and my tune is out the window and i'm running lean . I feel like I need to have 2 files ,,, one for day time and one for night . Not ideal imo

As for the Non resonant sensor and 7.0-7.6khz ??? You can only set the frequency at one setting , not a range. 7.2khz is as close to your suggested range as we can get. I've logged some knock spikes and i'm wondering if I have the settings wrong . I have mine set at Resonate / normal from IN TEMP/Knock. Hmmm ?

btw ,,I didn't use the Greddy i/j adapter . I just wired it in at the ecu. I'm tuning with injector duty and i'm having no problem pulling enough fuel . Even with the 650 Sards .

After a week of fkn around with this thing i've come to a conclusion. I should have stuck my original plan and bought 550 sards and stayed with the user friendly SAFC . I'm sure it would have been able to pull enough fuel and would have made life so much easier. My car is a street car ,,not a race car. On the edge tuning is not required to keep me happy . I'm not giving up on this yet though ,, I believe once I get a proper tune it will change my mind on the emu. It's a very hard unit to setup when you throw in variables like a MInes ecu and meth injection .

John Reed where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu?? :1zhelp:

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
No need for two maps you need to use the intake temp adjust map to compensate for the temp changes which might be better for where you live instead of logging knock on that channel.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
dogdrake;1353598 said:
No need for two maps you need to use the intake temp adjust map to compensate for the temp changes which might be better for where you live instead of logging knock on that channel.

Yeah your probably right ,, especially with the meth . Knock doesn't seem to be an issue . I'm up to 17psi with 11.5 a/f's today . Getting better all the time .

Can you confirm the knock sensor is NON- resonate and operates a 7.2 khz ??