greddy turbo timer help

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
I have and 88 turbo with a greddy full auto turbo timer installed by the previous owner and it is not working properly. I have a couple problems that I need some help with. it will shut off in the middle of driving down the street? Idk what that is about. I have tried searching for a manual and/or a tech help on this and have found no luck. If you have a link to some good info please help me out. I just tried searching the terms : "greddy turbo timer reset" a couple of minutes ago and there were no matches here on SM. How do I reboot this thing and get it to run properly. It is not functional, but dont worry I always allow the car to warm up and cool down properly so no worries but Im sure having the timer functional would do the car some good.

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
the timer it self will stay blue lit then turn red and display OFF then will go blank. but when I turn it back on with the power button. but the timer itself will not keep the motor runnning for proper cool down.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
jsnowman76 said:
the timer it self will stay blue lit then turn red and display OFF then will go blank. but when I turn it back on with the power button. but the timer itself will not keep the motor runnning for proper cool down.

yeah check the wire going to the ebrake connection...thats where id start...

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
are you talking about a connection that goes to the ebrake itself or a wire that runs from the console to under the dash? I will try and get some pictures of the set up when I get home tonight

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
there should be a wire that goes from the turbo timer to the wire on the ebrake (the ground wire that is used for the BRAKE light on the gauge cluster when the ebrake is up or down.