Greddy PRofect-B install question.

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
Please help... I recently installed my Greddy Profec-B boost controller but not sure if i hooked up it up correctly to my wastegate.
I drove car with boost controller off first and gate opened at 10psi. Put controller on, same thing and it would not go past 10lbs boost.
Here is how i hooked up the Solenoid and wastegate. There's only an IN and OUT ports on the solenoid. The IN port is ran to the intake pipe
going to manifold from intercooler, and the OUT port is going to the side of the wastegate. It's a Tial 44mm old school wastegate. It has
nipple on the side and one at the top of the gate. Do I need to hook up the one at the top of the gate or cap that off? I found a few diagrams
on the Greddy website but not sure which one to use. Spent a few hours searching forums, but couldn't find any real solution. Any help would
be greatly appreciated..thanks.

http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/PRofec_Bspec.pdf

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
sounds like his waste gate is opening up at what its set for and he needs the proper vacuum to make it hold for higher boost. he's no where near fuel cut. my guess is their should be a vacuum line from your BOV to the controller.

nice car btw

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
no fuel cut. I just couldn't go past 10psi. Felt as if it's maxed out sort of even though I had my foot to the floor on the gas in 2nd and 3rd...and im running a GT35r turbo and vpc/gcc

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
Beals;1932491 said:
nice car btw

Thanks man. I hope the solenoid isn't bad. Everything was hooked up on the car before and were working, but that was with the ct26. car was down for a while so i took out the solenoid and now putting it back in after putting in my GT35. There are settings on the back of the controller unit itself, how should those be set? I followed the instructions on the Greddy website for the external wastegate setup..

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
For vacuum you need both 'intake -> control motor -> wastegate' and 'intake -> controller unit' hooked up.

For electrical you need power, ground, and controller to motor hooked.

It sounds like you have that much at least so it's likely in the dip switches. Try actuator style w/out overboost, set balance to the middle and try bumping low boost up to midway and see if you get more than 10 psi.

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
mkiii222;1932844 said:
For vacuum you need both 'intake -> control motor -> wastegate' and 'intake -> controller unit' hooked up.

For electrical you need power, ground, and controller to motor hooked.

It sounds like you have that much at least so it's likely in the dip switches. Try actuator style w/out overboost, set balance to the middle and try bumping low boost up to midway and see if you get more than 10 psi.

Yea that's exactly how I have it hooked up and used the same actuator w/out overboost and i have the low boost to midway, even tried it with high boost turned up almost all the way and still nothing....i opened the solenoid and tested for power and its good...the darn thing used to work fine before

Y

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
On D Rise;1932894 said:
Yea that's exactly how I have it hooked up and used the same actuator w/out overboost and i have the low boost to midway, even tried it with high boost turned up almost all the way and still nothing....i opened the solenoid and tested for power and its good...the darn thing used to work fine before

Y

if it worked fine before, you change anything recently? it could very well be worn out, could get a MBC to troubleshoot and see if it's something else.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
If it's already l->r UdUd (actuator w/out overboost) have you tried UddU (external wg w/out overboost)?

If you get nothing both ways either something is broken or not hooked up properly.

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
Beals;1932906 said:
if it worked fine before, you change anything recently? it could very well be worn out, could get a MBC to troubleshoot and see if it's something else.

It came with the car hooked up to the ct-26. Only thing I changed was the turbo. I had removed the solenoid at one point because the car was down for a bit, but I didn't touch anything else. I'll play around with it again tomorrow and if nothing, then ill get a MBC to check things out. thanks for your reply though..appreciate it

mkiii222;1932926 said:
If it's already l->r UdUd (actuator w/out overboost) have you tried UddU (external wg w/out overboost)?

If you get nothing both ways either something is broken or not hooked up properly.

You know what, I did not try it with (actuator w/out overboost). That was the setting that was on there before I changed it to the (external wg w/out overboost). I'll put it back to the actuator one tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for all the imput guys, appreciate it.

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
I GOT BOOOOOST!!! lol some idiot(not me) hooked up the vaccum line that goes in the back of the controller in the wrong place..they ran it to some other line underneat/beside the intake mani instead of directly to it....
Thanks for all your help fellas..appreciate it