Greddy E-01 Unit Update

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Hi guys,

Since Mohdparts is gone, a lot of emanage support has dissapeared. I'm going to describe how to update your Greddy E01 main unit firmware. This is all described in the emanage yahoo group. I'm just going to walk you though it, because it took me a while to figure it out.

I ran into a 'communication error [C3:0387]' on my E-01 and had no idea why. It wouldn't let me import/export with the E-Manage Blue. This error was because the software on the EMB was updated to 1.49, but the E01 still had 1.02!! The E01 update is done on the SD card, the blue chip card (like in cameras) in the side of the e01 display unit. well, how the france do I update that, right? Here's how:

-plug it into a SD port on your computer. you may need to use a USD-SD jack.
-go to the emanage user group. join it. go to: Files - SD card E-01 Profec, and download the following zip files
-dd-0.3.zip , and
-profecv1.13.zip
-save the profecv1.13.img file to your C-Drive directory.
-Search through the messages for "Profec E-01 copy SUCCCEESSS!!!!!!". it describes how the guys cracked this. I believe our own Zazzn had a hand in this.
-go to your windows start menu - program files - accessories - command promp. reminds me of commander keen
-type "dd" hit enter. read the commands if you care.
-type "dd bs=32k of=\\.\G: if=C:\profecv1.13.img --progress" the "G-drive" would be your SD port location.
-it should spit out :
455+0 records in
455+0 records out
-Done. take it out of your computer and plug it back in to your E-01. it should ask you if you want to update the central unit -->OK. You should be ready to go. Don't freak out if it's not communicating with your EMB, you just forgot to plug the USB cable back in.

Hope this helps you guys out. If there's any feedback I'll update it with photos.

-Tosh

crj7driver

Oct 1, 2009
colorado
Your timing could not be better. My E01 recently developed an issue, it won't progress past the "take it easy" page. I wanted to reload the firmware just to see if it fixes it as I didn't change anything. Do you know if the 1.13zip file contains the center unit firmware as well? Also, does the emanage blue v1.49 work with the E01? I though i read that it was not compatible, but I can't see why it should have an issue.

Thanks a million, I was searching for the software everywhere.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
crj7driver;1823236 said:
Your timing could not be better. My E01 recen tly developed an issue, it won't progress past the "take it easy" page. I wanted to reload the firmware just to see if it fixes it as I didn't change anything. Do you know if the 1.13zip file contains the center unit firmware as well? Also, does the emanage blue v1.49 work with the E01? I though i read that it was not compatible, but I can't see why it should have an issue.

Thanks a million, I was searching for the software everywhere.

Yes. It gives you v.1.12, iirc. v.1.49 should work fine. Mine does. Happy to have helped.

ej18t

Jan 29, 2013
FL
Hey fellas, was following this thread because I was in need of updating my e01, and I just wanted to ask what operating system did you use? Because "dd" isn't a valid command on command prompt. And I'm stuck at that step and can't progress any further. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the thread bump, just need to get this done as soon as i can cause this issue is keeping me from getting any fine tuning done to my car. Thanks in advance.

91whitepack

May 23, 2012
slidell, louisiana
So I bought a e01 and it doesnt have the card in it. Just shows the take it easy screen. Will following these steps give me what I need to make a boank sd card make my controller work? I'm not to good with computers and dont understand half of this. Anyone want to make one for me? If so let me know a price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
search the post number, its # 11384 will get you to the actual topic...not the post to do this exactly but itll save you a lot of time searching and nothing coming up.