Got engine code 51

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
The trouble areas are not to specific with this code. I'm thinking that it might be the TPS as when i give it some throttle it cuts out for a second then it revs up. I have another TPS that im going to try out.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well i went and got another multi meter and TSRM said to test the bottom two prongs on the TPS but nothing comes up but when i tryed the top two prongs I got reading. The strange thing is that on tsrm it said to test the top two on the GE not the GTE

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=101

read it right. the ge prongs are flipped compared to the gte. same thing one is just upside down.

gte:
vc - top
vta
idl
e2 - bottom.

it shows you in the chart what terminals and what gap, full closed, full open and how much resistance.

resistance is always checked isolated with no coltage running threw it. i.e. disconnect the plug from the sensor and then test the sensor.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I missed that when your testing it when the throttle is closed you have to test VTA and E2 terminals. Then IDL and E2 when using the feeler gauges and then VTA and E2 when the throttle is wide open.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I just got code 52 (Knock Sensor Signal). I'm not going to come to the conclusion that i have rod knock just yet as i worked my ass off getting this motor in. I will pick up a stethoscope tomorrow and see what i can make of it. Is there any symptoms I should be looking for when I check it out.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
THANK THE GODS OF SPEED!!!!!! So i take it that it just has to do with the wiring of the knock sensor or the knock sensor its self i have an extra plug that i can use. So i will take a look at that in the morning.