Got a ticket in the mail...wasn't for me!

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
So I came home from work yesterday and looked at the mail. I got something from Louisiana State Photo Safety. I opened it and about fell over laughing! It was a ticket for $135 for running a red light in Louisiana, I live in Ohio and haven't been to Louisiana in years!! I drive a Black 03 Nissan Altima which has a license plate that says "4DSC" the 3rd gen Nissan Maxima motto "4 door sports car" (yes this plate used to be on the appropriate car). I'll post pics of this when I get a chance, but it basically had 3 pictures. One of the car (Silver 06 Infiniti M45 with the licnese plate 4DSC) sitting at the light, another one with it being red and 2 car still sitting at the light and the Infiniti midway through the intersection, and another of the licence plate close up. This had all of my information on it address, make model of my car and my name of course.
I have some problems with this:
1. Does anybody look at this stuff before its computer generated, printed and sent?
2. If they did could they not tell that this was not a BLACK Nissan Altima (probably one of the most common cars on the road...not the 5-speed SE like mine :evil2:)
3. The Ohio license plate doesn't look like a Louisiana.
4. I already have more tickets than I can count....! :biglaugh:

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Give them a call. This has happened to my sister on multiple occasions. Some pickup truck (she drives an Acura TL) runs through the pre-paid sensor toll booth once every few months. In the pics that Katie is always sent, it DOES look like her license plate #, but the first # is a little skewed.

She's never had to pay a ticket, and she's not caught any hell from the powers-that-be. BUT, she also called them as soon as the damn things showed up in the mail.

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Just got off the phone with Louisiana police department. I've spent a good couple hours with this between being on hold, transferring etc. It's kind of irritating. One lady said I'd have to contest this ticket, send it back in and get a court date set up...IN LOUISIANA! I live in OHIO....it's kinda far. The last person I talked to however said she'd try to get it taken care of but would take some time. This is absurd, why should I have to waste my time dealing with this. Besides that the people I've dealt with on the phone are extremely rude! No offense to anybody who works in law enforcement but geez...The "I have more power than you, civilian" attitude kind of gets to me. I know I'm probably about to get shit on here by you guys lol

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Only weird thing I've gotten is I sold a car, contacted DMV, and told them I no longer own the vehicle.. The guy never registered it after 1 year, got popped for DUII, and I ended up getting a love letter from the Beaverton PD to come bail my car out of impound, or they were going to sell it and send the left over amount to collections against me.. I ended up getting my car back, that I sold to the guy for $2,000 for only $200.. I turned around and sold it again for $1000 to someone else right at the DMV.. The dude left the title in the car and since I was the legal owner on DMVs records, I was legal owner. I was fucking thankful he didnt hit or kill anyone, because it would have been my ass.. Now, whenever I sell a car, I meet the people at DMV and make them retitle the vehicle right there.. even if I have to take $55 off the sale price.. I rather lose $55 than get a lawsuit

Justin727

T-virus infected
cinciguy89turbo;1399096 said:
Just got off the phone with Louisiana police department. I've spent a good couple hours with this between being on hold, transferring etc. It's kind of irritating. One lady said I'd have to contest this ticket, send it back in and get a court date set up...IN LOUISIANA! I live in OHIO....it's kinda far. The last person I talked to however said she'd try to get it taken care of but would take some time. This is absurd, why should I have to waste my time dealing with this. Besides that the people I've dealt with on the phone are extremely rude! No offense to anybody who works in law enforcement but geez...The "I have more power than you, civilian" attitude kind of gets to me. I know I'm probably about to get shit on here by you guys lol

They are the worst at doing anything correctly. But if you don't pay it they'll possibly suspend your liscense until you do pay it. Try to stick it out on the phone.
i'm trying to fight a no insurance ticket with texas right now myself. They dont want to drop it. got a new car, drove to see father, got rear ended and pushed under a chevy truck. Insurance was in laptop case so I couldn't get to it. Got to it faxed it to HPD. They called to verify and said the car was no longer insured. Well I argued of course not it was wrecked nearly a month ago and totalled why would I continue to insure a car I no longer own let alone it being totalled out by the insurance co..
Still fighting it over 500 miles away. lol

good luck sir.

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
savannahashlee;1399259 said:
Only weird thing I've gotten is I sold a car, contacted DMV, and told them I no longer own the vehicle.. The guy never registered it after 1 year, got popped for DUII, and I ended up getting a love letter from the Beaverton PD to come bail my car out of impound, or they were going to sell it and send the left over amount to collections against me.. I ended up getting my car back, that I sold to the guy for $2,000 for only $200.. I turned around and sold it again for $1000 to someone else right at the DMV.. The dude left the title in the car and since I was the legal owner on DMVs records, I was legal owner. I was fucking thankful he didnt hit or kill anyone, because it would have been my ass.. Now, whenever I sell a car, I meet the people at DMV and make them retitle the vehicle right there.. even if I have to take $55 off the sale price.. I rather lose $55 than get a lawsuit

^^Wow...that's quite a story. Talk about making a profit! geez!

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Justin727;1399786 said:
They are the worst at doing anything correctly. But if you don't pay it they'll possibly suspend your liscense until you do pay it. Try to stick it out on the phone.
i'm trying to fight a no insurance ticket with texas right now myself. They dont want to drop it. got a new car, drove to see father, got rear ended and pushed under a chevy truck. Insurance was in laptop case so I couldn't get to it. Got to it faxed it to HPD. They called to verify and said the car was no longer insured. Well I argued of course not it was wrecked nearly a month ago and totalled why would I continue to insure a car I no longer own let alone it being totalled out by the insurance co..
Still fighting it over 500 miles away. lol

good luck sir.

^It's so irritating, and it seems like nobody really cares about it. Or they're not in a hurry to do anything about it. This is the first thing that's happened to me since me and my dad, who have the same name, got our social's swapped and something ended up going into collections because I never got the bill....I was only 17! Credit was wrecked before it got started. That's been an uphill battle.