Good driving/canyon/twisties/touge in the sacramento area?

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Ive been living in stockton for over 3 months now and I havent found or heard of any good driving roads with in the sacramento valley... where is your secret get away?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Plenty of back roads out there, Drive up to tahoe. All kinds of roads or go south towards mariposa. Prolly not going to be anything goo near a city ;)

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Well im from reno so ive been down alot of the roads up there. Had alot of fun usually too..as long as i could dodge the blackhole sized potholes in the upper elevations. I was hoping there might be some runs closer than auburn, you know maybe like a hidden 4 acre lot, with strategically placed abandoned cones, hiding somewhere under hwy 50...:) Been staring at google maps and it looks like there is some fun to be had out around jackson maybe.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
There are a lot of good places, but they are a bit of a drive for you. One is Forest Hill past Aubrun. Its a motorcycle riders paradies out there. 700' drops no guard rails and single lane for about 50 miles. If thats not your cup of tea about an hour or so away is lake berryessa in winters ca. What is called "The Loop" is about 140 miles of twisties and fun. Hope that helps!

WetBoostedDreams

Supra Fanatic
Apr 4, 2007
Redmond, WA
As Topher mentioned, Foresthill Rd. is excellent. Another one you won't want to miss is Old Foresthill Rd.; go out Foresthill Rd., turn right onto Old Foresthill Rd., and it'll take you down to where Hwy. 49 cross the American River and heads to cool. Either head back up 49 into Auburn (very short, but great twisties) or cross the river and head out to Cool. Salmon Falls is out that way, too, and is a great drive down to Folsom Lake. The foothills have excellent twisties. :)

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
If you live in Stockton, definitely take a day trip out to Angel's Camp and cruise Calavaras county for a while. Scout it out on google maps, it's not far away, and check the topography map for some wicked elevation changes. I'll also second the Berryessa loop up here, and take 131(?) over to Napa while you're at it.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Wow thanks guys. Looks like ive got a few days worth of scouting to do. None of them are in my back yard but I dont mind driving a bit if the roads are worth it. Gets boring here in the city cause all the honda boys only like straight lines for some reason...soo boring. Haha

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Hey, if you want to check out Berryessa, I'm always down for a cruise. Should be like an hour or so to Fairfield from Stockton, then it's about 2 or 3 to winters, napa, then back. Just don't mind my slow-ass truck.