Good Day Folks.

supaflyride

supaflyride
Jan 1, 2007
Peace River Alberta
Name is Jerry, From Peace River AB. I am a certified car nut. My baby is a 68 Plymouth Satellite. I restored it myself from motor to paint. The reason I joined supermainia is because of my son. He has a 89 supra with a 7mgte. He was bringing it up to me from Calgary to freshen the engine and hop it up for him(injectors, turbo, rebuild, intercooler etc), He just had an oil change done in a jiffylube type place. he made it just past Edmonton and all went bad. After it was trucked to my house and tore down # 3 rod bearing was completely gone. (still ran quite well just a little noisy) Anyway we got a used motor from JDM in calgary that is in pretty good shape. Worst part is the block needs to be decked. I am in the middle of clean up work and doing the head. (I have my own valve grinding equipment). Meanwhile My kid is somewhere in India working while dad fixes the Supra. Anyway through all my searches the best info I have found on supras and 7m's usually leads back to this website. So I thought I would join. I have builts lots of chev, dodge and ford engines but this is my first 7M. The engineering far supasses anything iv'e seen older in north american iron. Very challenging and interesting. Hope to chat at ya as I seek info and build up this project for my son.
First question. I have learnt that these engines need a low restiction oil filter due to the low oil pressure at idle. If they put on an ordinary oil filter, could this have caused the engine to spin the # 3 rod bearing? Just wondering what killed the first motor. Chat later.
Chat later. J

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
welcome!!!
im guessing he's not the first owner?! problem could have been caused from previous owners.
i would say oil starvation or poor maintance on the car.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
I love it when people like you join... Its refreshing to know not everyone is a 16 yr old kid that wants to get the most boost out of the stock turbo or some nonsense. (No offense to anyone)

Enjoy the site and the newfound addiction!!