Going speed density, looking at options... Want users opinions of choices.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Ok guys, I finally have the car up and running and am trying to get prepared for the winter in which I will be going with a larger turbo (and all supporting mods of course). I will have some extra money this month, so I am looking to get some of the things purchased and installed that I will be using later. This includes an authentic HKS SSQV to replace the knock off I have that surges like no ones business, a short shifter, suspension, and I've decided to go ahead and get my tuning set-up and go speed density on the CT in the mean time... I figure worst case scenario I have that done, and I can eliminate fuel-cut and have a little more fun with the CT before she gets replaced. I will post both my current mods, and the setup I plan on going with.

So what I need is some advice from you speed density guys on what set-ups you've used with success and of course with less success. I want to keep to a nicer piggy-back (eg. MAFT Pro, MAPECU2, etc.) as I want the ease of tuning, streetability, and of course the price that these offer. Plan on running pump gas on winter set-up...

Current Mods:
-Built 7MGTE (.020 over, Eagle Rods, Probe Pistons, MHG, all ARP hardware, Gates Racing Timing Belt)
-DM AFPR
-Full 3" Turbo-back Exhaust (Elbow Delete)
-DM FMIC Kit
-Walbro 255lph Pump
-SPEC Stage 3 Clutch
-Driveshaft Shop Steel Driveshaft

Setup this winter:
-DM Turbo Kit w/ Comp BB Billet 6265
-Siemens 680cc injectors
-Add-on inline Walbro
-Aiming for 450-500rwhp

Thanks for the help guys!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Without the proper knowledge your best bet its to get it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing.

I say either maft pro or aem. Map ecu will cost a lot all said and done. You can find a used 89+ aem for 9-1100. Can also find pre89 aem's cheaper as there only like 1200 new. Most tuning shops should be able to do a decent tune on the aem as its the most wide spread. Just look for someone reptuble.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
I have tuning experience. Mostly with ECMLink ON DSM's, and AFC on multiple cars. I think with help from their forums I will be fine. I am definitely not a noob on building cars, and I did the build on the 7M that is in the car.

Thanks for looking out for me though!

And BTW what front lip is that on your car, it is gorgeous...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
For that amount of power, I would just find a used VPC if you already have a AFC. If not, just get a MAFT-PRO although I think the prices should have come down by now. Both should be very easy to tune and install.