getting ready for the races

brad horton

Oct 20, 2008
Alabama
i own a 87 supra turbo automatic and the day after thanksgiving I'm going back to the local drag strip to give my supra another run. I was hoping some one could give some help as how to get most out of the car. The car has a 3 inch down pipe and ct-26-57 turbo boost. I have a boost controller, boost gauge intercooler sperco knock off and a piping kit. The waste gate was shimmed when i got the turbo and i unshimmed it and i am back at stock boost.

right now when i am boosting the car hard and shift it feels like in loads up on gas between shifts allmost like im not Resurrection the air and i have allready checked the resurrection vavle and it seems to work.
how do i fix that?
some times my auto trans will not down shift like i tell it to and its full of fluid any clues there?

what kind of boost can i run on a 50/50 mix of 93 and 109 octane gas?
what kind of boost can i should i run on the street?

what else can i do to get a little more out of her before friday?
where do i need to go next? (lexus mass air and injectors?)

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
lexus/550's adjustible fpr, bigger fuel pump and safc or other tuning device will be the next thing you should do. you shouldn't go over 18psi on the 57trim, and the most boost you can run now is where your fuel cut is. run up it til it hits fc and back it off 1psi or so so you wont hit it. I have to sell the lexus afm, 550's and the walbro to buy xmas stuff so let me know if you want them.

edit: I found it here read this http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152334

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
brad horton;1187113 said:
i own a 87 supra turbo automatic and the day after thanksgiving I'm going back to the local drag strip to give my supra another run. I was hoping some one could give some help as how to get most out of the car. The car has a 3 inch down pipe and ct-26-57 turbo boost. I have a boost controller, boost gauge intercooler sperco knock off and a piping kit. The waste gate was shimmed when i got the turbo and i unshimmed it and i am back at stock boost.

right now when i am boosting the car hard and shift it feels like in loads up on gas between shifts allmost like im not Resurrection the air and i have allready checked the resurrection vavle and it seems to work.
how do i fix that?
some times my auto trans will not down shift like i tell it to and its full of fluid any clues there?

what kind of boost can i run on a 50/50 mix of 93 and 109 octane gas?
what kind of boost can i should i run on the street?

what else can i do to get a little more out of her before friday?
where do i need to go next? (lexus mass air and injectors?)

Brad, nobody can answer those questions without knowing how strong your motor is. You can run it just under the fuel cut like Andrew suggested and hope your motor is strong enough to hold it since you just bought the car. Maybe it's been taken care of up until the time you bought it.
I don't know what kind of times you are expecting, but it's probably going to be in the high 14's and low to mid 15's.........it may even be higher than that if your automatic transmission is acting up. I don't think it's worth tearing the car up just to run in the 14's.
I'd suggest driving it like a sane person for a while until you have the parts needed to upgrade it the right way. Once you start upgrading the injectors and maf then your transmission problems are probably going to get worse. Good luck.

brad horton

Oct 20, 2008
Alabama
well the good news on the transmissions is holdbrooks so kindly gave a extra pair of auto transmissions to should i lose one along with 2 extra converters.
holdbrooks i just tried to call you on the fuel set up on your car. i thought you knew i wanted it. im returning to work over christmas so i should be able to get those from you soon we need to talk about a price.
the week point of motor should be the head gasket right?
who restalls those converters any clues?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
brad horton;1187253 said:
well the good news on the transmissions is holdbrooks so kindly gave a extra pair of auto transmissions to should i lose one along with 2 extra converters.
holdbrooks i just tried to call you on the fuel set up on your car. i thought you knew i wanted it. im returning to work over christmas so i should be able to get those from you soon we need to talk about a price.
the week point of motor should be the head gasket right?
who restalls those converters any clues?

Me, PI industries, Sound Performance, IPT, and a few others I can not think of right now.