Getting no boost.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
so after replacing the hg, i got the car running and both boost gauges sit at 0 when started and running. so i try beating on it to see if i am getting boost and i can hear the turbo bc im straight pipped but it wont go past 0

TomFraser

Stock boost gauge is electric, is the aftermarket one at all electric?

Any engine codes?

Tuning with?
Could it be a boost leak? Car will run fine if you are using a map sensor instead of maf, but when spooling up it will just dump it out. Does not apply if you're tuning with a maf, or are stock.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
stock electric, aftermarket one is sunpro. no codes, no tuning. umm idk about boost leaks yet. car has stock maf with stock housing. i can hear the turbo spooling but the gauges arnt going past 0.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
I think at idle your boost gauge should be at like 21 vacuum. Thats if everything is working normal i think. Idk if that helps.

edit: wait im confused, is it 0 psi at idle? but you can hit 11 psi when you are flooring it or something?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
You probably hooked up your vacuum line to ported vacuum. Make sure that the hose for your gauges are hooked up to manifold vacuum, if they are hooked to any of the ports on the throttle body, it isn't going to read properly.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
laxboy36;1773583 said:
I hooked the aftermarket one to the electric stock sensor tube.

No. Hook up the aftermarket boost gauge vacuum line to the intake manifold, not to the stock boost sensor.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
when i drive the car you can hear the turbo spooling but it isnt pushing you back when it hits that 11psi. both gauges stay at 0 when driving hard. its like the turbo isnt spooling to its max psi.